AMD Catalyst 9.12 For Linux Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
    That's very cool. However it doesn't have anything to do with graphical effect capabilities. We were talking about God Rays and such, which all work under DirectX 9.0c.

Of course the above will speed up programming and speed up your computer, but the funny thing is that you as an enduser will not notice the speedup compared to XP because Vista and 7 simply cut of the performance gain.

Crysis in high setting on top of Windows 7 runs slower than ultra settings on top of XP.

DirectX10 is a huge improvement, however, once again, it has nothing to do with graphical effects. I have God Rays in Crysis in DirectX 9.0c.
    you can also handle ray-tracing in dx9 shaders ......
    but..... no one use it because the fps is to low.
    the dx10/opg3 features increase the speed of the effects.
    in the end you only can use the effects which are fast enough on your card.

and the windowsXP vs Vista/7 problematic yes you are fully right M$ Fails
    but i do not use 'Windows' at all...

the biggest improvement of DX10 is the better wine support thats because in dirextX9 every single company has his own render path... and DX10 only hase 1 render path. Wine can handle dx10 much easyer than dx9.

i Think the God-rays in dx9-crysis are not so good than the dx10-crysis God-rays..

crysis for general is not the most impressive DX10 game for example Stalker-clear-sky is much better and i read the stalker engine can not handle all dx10 effects in dx9.

unigine engine is a good exampel of the power of DX10/ogl3.x you can't handle this effects on Ogl2.1 or dx9c

Comment

Working...
    X