AMD's UVD2-based XvBA Finally Does Something On Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=154089

bridgeman, theres a potential ATI 5xxx problem perhaps, does it also effect linux run cards too...

Comment

• Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
      The slow 2d affects any xserver that doesn't have the backclear patch applied. Not sure which distros do that by default and which don't.
      direct2d version of the catalyst is not only abaut a bugfix.. its also much faster in 2D..

faster than OS-EXA-radeon i think... michael sould benchmark this.

Comment

• Someone have this with UVD2 ? It's only with 2-3 videos for me. I want to do an HTPC on HD4200 but with this

Comment

• WOW!! this is working *f* great!

Thx gbeauche for your work! The only issue I see is that blue color thing. I read the last post and you said that this will be resolved in future fglrx release, any news on that? can be a workaround?

Comment

• Originally posted by yimm View Post

Someone have this with UVD2 ? It's only with 2-3 videos for me. I want to do an HTPC on HD4200 but with this
            It's Draco Malfoy exploiting bugs in the driver.

Comment

• Problems with dev environment - linking errors

Hello,

I have a fresh upgraded Ubuntu 8.04 -> 10.04.
              When I first tired XvBA, I had some problems, but I got the demos working under U10.04.

But now I have a problem to build the hwdemos or mplayer-vaapi.
              I installes libva1, libva-dev, libva1-dbg and xvba (in this order), the driver version is fglrx 10.04. The versions are the latest available today (sds13). Architecture is x86.
              vainfo generates a positive output.

But building the hwdemos fails with linking errors:
              vaapi.c: UNDEFINED REFERENCE to vaEndRenderSurfaceGLX

And so does mplayer-vaapi also.I do not know what I did change in the build environment. Before the compiling of the demos went fine and they worked!

Can anyone please help me to repair the libraries? I purged all 4 packages already and now I am out of ideas.....

If I can provide any more info, let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• Please upgrade mplayer-vaapi to something like 2010/04/14 and rebuild against libva -sds13. Likewise for hwdecode-demos, upgrade and rebuild. I cleaned up the VA/GLX API recently to be simpler.

Comment

• Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
                  Please upgrade mplayer-vaapi to something like 2010/04/14 and rebuild against libva -sds13. Likewise for hwdecode-demos, upgrade and rebuild. I cleaned up the VA/GLX API recently to be simpler.
                  I have already only the newest libva* and xvba and hwdemos...
                  Just retried it one minute ago.

Any more ideas? Would a list of the libraries help?
                  I saw that configure wrote:
                  checking for GL/glu.h... yes
                  checking for glXCreateContext in -lGL... yes
                  checking for gluPerspective in -lGLU... yes
                  checking for Crystal HD... no
                  checking for old libVA API 0.29... no
                  checking for VAAPI_X11_DEPS... yes
                  checking for VAAPI_GLX_DEPS... yes
                  checking for VDPAU... yes
                  checking for VDPAU/MPEG-4 support... yes
                  checking for XvBA... no
                  configure: creating ./config.status

Thanks in advance.

I could hit myself that I didn't stop playing around when everything was working/compiling...

Comment

• I just realized that there are some libraries under usr/local/lib.
                    But all the packages should install into /usr/lib correct?

Is there a way to safely clean the /usr/local/lib files? I might still have the compiling directory for libva1, would a make unistall do any good?

Comment

• Solved !

Originally posted by hal2100 View Post
                      I just realized that there are some libraries under usr/local/lib.
                      But all the packages should install into /usr/lib correct?

Is there a way to safely clean the /usr/local/lib files? I might still have the compiling directory for libva1, would a make unistall do any good?
                      EDIT:
                      I solved it, at least I think so....
                      There were some old file in /usr/local/include and /usr/local/lib.
                      After I removed/renamed the directories containing the libva files the demos compile and work!

Will try mplayer and xbmc next....

Comment

• Ok, everything is up and running now.
                        The only problem are "wrong" colors, means a greenish or reddish tint of the picture.
                        But I am sure this will be fixed in one of the next 100 driver releases. ;-)
                        Just kidding, I am not even sure it is a driver thing.

Thanks for the driver and the vaapi, now my onboard igp has a use...

Comment

• Originally posted by curaga View Post
                          There's youtube HD, pirate HD, and bluray HD, in rising quality & descending amount order. The first two are most volumous, and also play just on practically any cpu.

Guess HD means different things to you two.
                          You forgot camera HD (1080p @ 60fps) . Camera HD stresses your CPU even harder than BluRay HD.

Here's a low bitrate L4.2 camera clip that is a pain in the ass to decode with a Dual Core CPU:

http://ckworks.sakura.ne.jp/data/xac...0207_1_mp4.zip

Comment

• @tuxdriver: true. My own dual struggled somewhat. But since when is 24Mbps considered low bitrate :P

Comment

• But since when is 24Mbps considered low bitrate :P
                              Very low for camera HD standards. Good quality camera video starts at 40Mbps

Comment

• One has to wonder what the heck do the cams do with it.

Bitrate should scale about directly to the square root of pixels; since dvd-resolution (720x576) looks good at 1 mbps (xvid), full hd should be enough with 2.23 mbps (sqrt((1920*1080)/(720*576))). Especially with a better codec.

Comment

Working...
                                X