Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD's UVD2-based XvBA Finally Does Something On Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by gururise View Post
    Now, I'm just hoping AMD or SDS adds support for more formats, such as h263 and MPEG2...
    Originally posted by rjwaldren View Post
    What exactly does that mean? Will MPEG2/4 see any benefit from XvBA in the near term or at all? Most of my use (>95% by percentage of play time) is MPEG2.
    I haven't tried it myself, but I think there is XvMC support for MPEG2 in the fglrx driver already.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by non7top View Post
      I got mplayer crashing. Both current svn mplayer and the one provided by script checkout-patch-build.sh.

      Gentoo users can try mplayer ebuild from arcon overlay with vaapi USE flag.

      Code:
      Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
      [VD_FFMPEG] VA API accelerated codec.
      [VD_FFMPEG] Trying pixfmt=0.
      Unsupported PixelFormat -1
      Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
      Opening video filter: [scale]
      The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
      Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
      e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
      [VD_FFMPEG] Trying pixfmt=1.
      Unsupported PixelFormat -1
      Could not find matching colorspace - retrying with -vf scale...
      Opening video filter: [scale]
      The selected video_out device is incompatible with this codec.
      Try appending the scale filter to your filter list,
      e.g. -vf spp,scale instead of -vf spp.
      Unsupported PixelFormat -1
      Unsupported PixelFormat -1
      Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)
      
      
      Starting playback...
      [h264 @ 0x8987120]decoding to PIX_FMT_NONE is not supported.
      [h264 @ 0x8987120]decode_slice_header error
      [h264 @ 0x8987120]no frame!
      Error while decoding frame!
      [h264 @ 0x8987120]decoding to PIX_FMT_NONE is not supported.
      [h264 @ 0x8987120]decode_slice_header error
      [h264 @ 0x8987120]no frame!
      Error while decoding frame!
      
      Too many audio packets in the buffer: (4099 in 4123594 bytes).
      Maybe you are playing a non-interleaved stream/file or the codec failed?
      For AVI files, try to force non-interleaved mode with the -ni option.
      
      FATAL: Could not initialize video filters (-vf) or video output (-vo).
      thanks for you ebuilds, I didn't have time to create them by myself, but if I'm not wrong, your mplayer ebuild is a bit out of sync.

      Comment


      • vainfo fglrx 8.67

        After using Kano's install script, running mplayer -vo vaapi -va vaapi <filename> gives the following error, and there's no video displayed (just audio).

        libva: libva version 0.31.0-sds3
        libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
        libva: Trying to open /usr/local/lib/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so
        libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
        [vo_vaapi] vaInitialize(): unknown libva error
        Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

        I expect this is because I'm using the stream beta driver, but nobody else mentioned it so I thought I would

        I'm using ubuntu 9.10 with an ati 5750 and the catalyst 9-10 driver won't load as it doesn't recognise my card.

        Any ideas/hope?

        Thanks, Evan.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by rjwaldren View Post
          /RANT ON
          As a user I don't care about all of they gray areas and "I know something you don't know" that flies around at Phoronix. I'm just looking for a solution. This is the only place that has any info at all regarding the status of ATI on linux, but nothing real is ever said. I understand NDA but it would be nice to see some type of roadmap for where we are going. But all we get is grey noise. And right now neither ATI or OSS drivers can provide a complete workable solution, with only rumor suggesting it's coming, and only occasional out of the blue progress.
          /RANT OFF

          Thats so easy!,,, you can simpel check the true @ phoronix...

          in a matter of fakt a lot of NDA ATI/AMD Guys read this forum but they do not talk,,,

          but they correct you if you wrote wrong stuff...


          to compile the grey noise to the true you only must read the answers.

          is there no answer its 'true'

          is there a answer like "stop talking bullshit" it can be true or false

          is there a answer like "thats wrong this .................. is the true and there is the source" its wrong..

          in this forum if you talk abaut R900 ...... there will be no answer...

          if you talk abaut Wine and 9-12 there is some answers like "bullshit" thats means it can be true but its not clear right now...

          if you talk abaut opensource drivers will not have viedeo acceleration in the future there will be an answer linke: its wrong...

          Comment


          • Originally posted by evanjfraser View Post
            After using Kano's install script, running mplayer -vo vaapi -va vaapi <filename> gives the following error, and there's no video displayed (just audio).

            libva: libva version 0.31.0-sds3
            libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
            libva: Trying to open /usr/local/lib/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so
            libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
            [vo_vaapi] vaInitialize(): unknown libva error
            Error opening/initializing the selected video_out (-vo) device.

            I expect this is because I'm using the stream beta driver, but nobody else mentioned it so I thought I would

            I'm using ubuntu 9.10 with an ati 5750 and the catalyst 9-10 driver won't load as it doesn't recognise my card.

            Any ideas/hope?

            Thanks, Evan.
            It's "-vo vaapi:gl -va vaapi" (you missed the :gl) for now.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by rjwaldren View Post
              What exactly does that mean? Will MPEG2/4 see any benefit from XvBA in the near term or at all? Most of my use (>95% by percentage of play time) is MPEG2.
              The UVD only supports H.264 and VC-1 at VLD level. MPEG-2 is supported but at the IDCT level. Supporting other codecs would require offload to the GPU through shader programs.

              Back to the code itself... Is any effort going into integrating it into project mainlines - libva, FFMPEG, Mplayer, MythTV, VLC etc? I realize acceptance is project dependant but are the sources being marketed to them or is it destined to stay in the SDS tree for some long closed development cycle.
              Sources to what? The sources to xvba-video will remain closed as long as the XvBA API is private. Besides, the public version of xvba-video has reduced features wrt. private versions we develop for our own (embedded) solutions. We don't have the sources to the XvBA driver though I would be very happy to have and everybody knows it...

              Comment


              • Originally posted by evanjfraser View Post
                After using Kano's install script, running mplayer -vo vaapi -va vaapi <filename> gives the following error, and there's no video displayed (just audio).

                libva: libva version 0.31.0-sds3
                libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
                libva: Trying to open /usr/local/lib/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so
                libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
                [vo_vaapi] vaInitialize(): unknown libva error
                This means fglrx_drv_video.so was not found in /usr/local/lib/va/drivers/ or is not the right binary (32-/64-bit mismatch) -- please check your installation.

                Comment


                • an what about:
                  Code:
                  ben@Obi-Wan ~ $ vainfo 
                  libva: libva version 0.31.0-sds3
                  libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
                  libva: Trying to open /usr/lib64/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so
                  libva error: dlopen of /usr/lib64/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so failed: /usr/lib64/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
                  libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
                  vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit
                  what does wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 mean?

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Vighy View Post
                    an what about:
                    Code:
                    ben@Obi-Wan ~ $ vainfo 
                    libva: libva version 0.31.0-sds3
                    libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
                    libva: Trying to open /usr/lib64/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so
                    libva error: dlopen of /usr/lib64/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so failed: /usr/lib64/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
                    libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
                    vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit
                    what does wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 mean?
                    ah! I found: it's the ebuild that just installs 32bit binary of xvba-video! ahh!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Vighy View Post
                      an what about:
                      Code:
                      ben@Obi-Wan ~ $ vainfo 
                      libva: libva version 0.31.0-sds3
                      libva: va_getDriverName() returns 0
                      libva: Trying to open /usr/lib64/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so
                      libva error: dlopen of /usr/lib64/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so failed: /usr/lib64/va/drivers/fglrx_drv_video.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32
                      libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
                      vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit
                      what does wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS32 mean?
                      fglrx_drv_video.so is a 32-bit binary whereas the 64-bit one is expected. BTW, I never really tested the 64-bit binaries, so it does interest me to know whether they work or not.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X