Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD's UVD2-based XvBA Finally Does Something On Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by zelda32 View Post
    I am using HD 4650.
    ati catalyst 10.9
    libva 0.31.1-1sds4.
    xvba 0.7.5.

    I think libva is rightly compiled since i have libva-glx.so libva.so libva-tpi.so libva-x11.so

    but i got this error when running vainfo.
    libva: libva version 0.31.1
    Xlib: extension "XFree86-DRI" missing on display ":0.0".
    libva: va_getDriverName() returns -1
    vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

    tried playback with mplayer-vaapi -vo vaapi -va vaapi, got that error, and Video: no video error.

    Any idea ?
    Anyone ?

    Comment


    • Originally posted by zelda32 View Post
      Anyone ?
      What if you do it like this?:

      Code:
      export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME="fglrx"
      mplayer-vaapi -vo vaapi -va vaapi movie.avi

      Comment


      • Originally posted by zelda32 View Post
        Anyone ?
        No wait.
        Sure you have direct rendering and the driver proberly installed? Seems that your configuration has some problems with dri and thats why vaapi can't detect the name of the driver.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by zelda32 View Post
          Anyone ?
          Which version libva is installed and actually used? Make sure /usr/lib/va/drivers/ exists and contains fglrx_drv_video.so, which is a symlink to xvba_drv_video.so. Those files must be readable by the user too. If you use libva from your distribution, e.g. Ubuntu, you'd probably have to symlink those to /usr/lib/dri. BTW, is this 32-bit or 64-bit?

          Comment


          • @bridgman

            Why don't you send gbeauche a new hd 6 card for testing? And maybe a hd 5670 too...

            Comment


            • Originally posted by tball View Post
              No wait.
              Sure you have direct rendering and the driver proberly installed? Seems that your configuration has some problems with dri and thats why vaapi can't detect the name of the driver.
              How can i check this ?

              Originally posted by gbeauche View Post
              Which version libva is installed and actually used? Make sure /usr/lib/va/drivers/ exists and contains fglrx_drv_video.so, which is a symlink to xvba_drv_video.so. Those files must be readable by the user too. If you use libva from your distribution, e.g. Ubuntu, you'd probably have to symlink those to /usr/lib/dri. BTW, is this 32-bit or 64-bit?

              libva: libva version 0.31.1
              ls /usr/lib/va/drivers/
              fglrx_drv_video.so -> xvba_drv_video.so xvba_drv_video.so. All readable to user.

              I use slackware 13.1 32-bit.
              thanks.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by tball View Post
                What if you do it like this?:

                Code:
                export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME="fglrx"
                mplayer-vaapi -vo vaapi -va vaapi movie.avi
                tried vainfo after that, i got.
                libva: libva version 0.31.1
                libva: User requested driver 'fglrx'
                libva: Trying to open /usr/local/lib/dri/fglrx_drv_video.so
                libva: va_openDriver() returns -1
                vaInitialize failed with error code -1 (unknown libva error),exit

                wonder why it searching to that instead of /usr/lib/va/drivers. Prolly the installation 'cos i install from source.
                Gonna check it more. Thanks guys !

                Comment


                • wohoo ! it works.

                  Opening video decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg's libavcodec codec family
                  [VD_FFMPEG] VA API accelerated codec.
                  Selected video codec: [ffh264] vfm: ffmpeg (FFmpeg H.264)

                  Thank you tball and gbeauche ! XD

                  Comment


                  • @gbeauche

                    i think you should add tball's suggestion on your note. export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME="fglrx"

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by zelda32 View Post
                      i think you should add tball's suggestion on your note. export LIBVA_DRIVER_NAME="fglrx"
                      Upgrade your version of libva. Or, since you seem to have installed from sources to /usr/local/lib, just remove the libva package provided by your distribution.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X