AMD Catalyst 9.10 Linux Driver Released

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
    The version in Ubuntu 9.10 is an earlier version of the code specifically for Ubuntu; the Catalyst 9.10 driver should contain additional changes.
    Wow. That would give them the Nobel Peace Prize, if true.

Comment

What a cool news entry as the file is still missing. Also the gfx card choice does not include 5xxx yet.

Comment

the driver package is so big, because they include drivers for elderly X versions and precomiled stuff. You guys would complain, if you had to install gcc or the driver stops working with your distribution from 2008.

Comment

Hi Yall & Michael,

Dude, in regards to "Available over at AMD.com is now the Catalyst 9.10 Linux driver update," being somewhat pre-mature, a suggestion. Either include a link that works or rephrase to something like, "due out sometime today..."

Bridgman, (I remembered, no "e.") it has been about seven hours, since AMD/ATI said the file was there. Not very professional.... Take one egg, break, pour over face? ;-)

Next time, liven the link THEN publish it? :-)

Anyways, it will be live sometime soon and indeed "due out sometime today..." which is just in time for the weekend. So thanks for that AMD/ATI guys! :-)

This 5850 is an uber mind piece of hardware & plays CIV-IV, beautifully.

Have a fun weekend yall.

Greekgeek :-)

Comment

"Catalyst 9.10 also contains a major advancement too"

I feel like a kid waiting behind the couch to see its shoe filled with presents. Hope this time my waiting will not quash my future experience.

Originally posted by cruiseoveride View Post
            The only major advancement I want is a file size reduction from 80+mb to a less promiscuous 20ish mb
            Already explained to often on these threads, will never happen for catalyst. radeon* drivers are your friends here.

I'm having no problems with the size... only hoping for beter 2d performance and video acc. maybe 50% of my wishes will be granted soon

Comment

MIRRORS PLZ!!!!? AMD's link is broken :'(

Comment

Originally posted by DanL View Post
                Try the 32-bit link. Unless something's changed, it's the same download for both architectures.
                There is no 32-bit link. It's the same file, so it's still undownloadable.

Comment

F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 F5 ...

I am really wondering what those improovements are. Video-accel would be really really nice

Comment

OpenCL?

I think it will be OpenCL. Some time ago they released a special fglrx driver that added support for it and I think that they merged the branches -- or maybe it was one brench from the beginning.

If I'm right that won't be a major change though! The OpenCL implementation is still in the beginning speed-wise and feature-wise (no double support so far) and for users it provides no feelable change at all. For that to happen you'd have to wait for many months to come.

Comment

Is HD3870X2 supported already?

I can't wait to open the Release Notes and read that usual "HD3870X2 is currently not supported, if you have bought this card, FUCK YOU!, still no 3D on linux yet, :P"

It's been a year and a half Ati, a year and a half, where is my 3D in Linux!?!?

Comment

Holy Santa Claus shit!!! Older versions of the driver arent downloadable either.

Comment

Will Catalyst 9.10 support 2.6.32 or just 2.6.31 kernel?

Comment

Originally posted by conholster View Post
                            Holy Santa Claus shit!!! Older versions of the driver arent downloadable either.
                            You can download the older versions by copy/pasting the new link and changing 9-10 to 9-9.

Not that excuses their mistakes and bumbled release.

Comment

good this means that we can use kms?

Comment

Originally posted by evanjfraser View Post
                                You can download the older versions by copy/pasting the new link and changing 9-10 to 9-9.

Not that excuses their mistakes and bumbled release.
                                Thanks! The boss already started threatening with Windows7

Comment

Working...
                                X