Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sounds like a bug in Compiz, yeah.

Comment

Well most likely in the autostart script of compiz as you have to start it really soon in order to set a var system wide.

Comment

Originally posted by fermulator View Post
        This is exactly it. wow. I almost always start my terminal windows with "SUPER+T" (a configured shortcut in compiz). When starting a terminal window this this shortcut (which uses compiz to start to the terminal I'm assuming), that ENV variable LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT is set to 1. However, if I start the terminal with ALT+F2 and gnome-terminal, this environment variable isn't set.

Do we know why compiz sets this? ... trying to think if it's a bug ...
        Well because fglrx doesn't support GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap in direct rendering contexts, only via AIGLX.

In other words, compiz needs to be started with indirect rendering in order to run.

Newer versions of compiz will use indirect rendering if you specify --indirect-rendering, but I can't be 100% sure that it won't set the LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT variable for compiz and any other process compiz spawns.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          Well most likely in the autostart script of compiz as you have to start it really soon in order to set a var system wide.
          Again, it's not set system wide. It's set for compiz. If compiz spawns a process, though, it will also be set for that process.

Don't launch terminals through compiz, and that variable won't be set.

Adam

Comment

Originally posted by adamk View Post
            Well because fglrx doesn't support GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap in direct rendering contexts, only via AIGLX.
            Hmm, I was under the impression it should have since maybe around 9.3... Ah, well. That explains it then.

Comment

fglrx has supported RDR since then but, at least to my knowledge, not TFP via direct rendering.

Adam

Comment

Working...
              X