Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

32bit fglrx on 64bit system

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 32bit fglrx on 64bit system

    Hello,

    I'd like to install a 32bit compatibility driver on my 64bit system just like the option Nvidia offers upon driver installation. How do I do that with fglrx?

  • #2
    Originally posted by ningo View Post
    Hello,

    I'd like to install a 32bit compatibility driver on my 64bit system just like the option Nvidia offers upon driver installation. How do I do that with fglrx?
    ??? really do make this any sense ?

    i can use 32bit windows apps in my 64bit linux+64bit fglrx

    i also can use 32bit linux in an chroot ...

    why use 32bit drivers on 64bit linux? ? ? ?

    Comment


    • #3
      the amd64-fglrx-installer installs x86 libs by default, no need to do anything special.

      Comment


      • #4
        On arch-64 you need the lib32-catalyst-utils to be installed, if you want wine to run.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by tball View Post
          On arch-64 you need the lib32-catalyst-utils to be installed, if you want wine to run.
          the best way if you realy need this stuff..

          install a 32bit linux in an VM copy the hole / into an dir on your 64bit system.

          and use chroot in your 64bit system to have full 32bit support in this dir folder.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
            ??? really do make this any sense ?

            i can use 32bit windows apps in my 64bit linux+64bit fglrx

            i also can use 32bit linux in an chroot ...

            why use 32bit drivers on 64bit linux? ? ? ?

            !!! because some programs require 32bit! ! ! !

            Originally posted by Zhick View Post
            the amd64-fglrx-installer installs x86 libs by default, no need to do anything special.
            Nice, thanks.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by ningo View Post
              !!! because some programs require 32bit! ! ! !



              Nice, thanks.
              had that problem with wine, so i thought "whatever" and went back to 32bit xD

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                the best way if you realy need this stuff..

                install a 32bit linux in an VM copy the hole / into an dir on your 64bit system.

                and use chroot in your 64bit system to have full 32bit support in this dir folder.
                You don't have too, because Arch takes care of that. Every single lib32 you need for wine to run, will be installed in /opt, and wine knows they is placed there.

                Comment

                Working...
                X