Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

/var/log/Xorg.0.log: http://pastebin.com/m5187b38a
    /etc/x11/xorg.conf: http://pastebin.com/m6d5b6266

PS: The xorg-driver-fglrx file is 89.9MB and it's from the Kubuntu repo's, is this Catalyst 9.10? Might the Kubuntu repo's not be different from the Ubuntu repo's and therefore the xorg-driver-fglrx driver not 9.10 yet? :S
    Last edited by V!NCENT; 09-07-2009, 07:59 AM.

Comment

147.(II) ATI Proprietary Linux Driver Version Identifier:8.60.40
      148.(II) ATI Proprietary Linux Driver Release Identifier: 8.60.4
      149.(II) ATI Proprietary Linux Driver Build Date: Mar 14 2009 21:46:40
      Looks like you're running the driver which was released with Ubuntu 9.04, ie an early version of the Catalyst 9.4 driver.

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        Looks like you're running the driver which was released with Ubuntu 9.04, ie an early version of the Catalyst 9.4 driver.
        Yeah but I did #aptitude dist-upgrade and so I'm also running KDE4.3 now. But how do I fix this? =x
        Should I just install 9.10 from a live image? I don't want to risk trashing my entire HDD with alpha software and 9.8 doesn't work either =x

Comment

Originally posted by V!NCENT View Post
          Yeah but I did #aptitude dist-upgrade and so I'm also running KDE4.3 now. But how do I fix this? =x
          Should I just install 9.10 from a live image? I don't want to risk trashing my entire HDD with alpha software and 9.8 doesn't work either =x
          there server needs time to sync english server has the driver first germans 1 day later..

if you DU to 9.10 you sould also make a apt-get dist-upgrade -f apt-get install -f

purge the old driver if you can apt-get purge xorg-fglrx....

and then reinstall the newdriver apt-get install.

you also can get the files from the server by hand and use dpkg -i

i think your problem is the "old" driver the 9.10 in ubuntu 9.10 is not make for an clean upgrade or the old one is broken.

Please install a fresh clean ubuntu 9.10 and install the FGLRX from the repo and you will see it works!

Comment

Update

Great! I got an RMA number

It's outside of warrenty but I can send it back. If the card is confirmed to be broken by the store than I get a free replacement + mail cost ^^,

I haven't tried the 9.10 driver for Ubuntu yet, but I am currently busy with OpenCL under Windows with the ATI Stream shizzle anyway so I get back to Linux whenever Gallium + OpenCL state tracker for a n00b distro lands :P

Comment

Working...
            X