• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 999 USD without VAT = 999 EUR wit VAT

Thats the normal exchange price

Comment

• Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
      hey its only because the catalyst is perfekt no bug or error to report also lets talk abaut money or sex or somthing like that
      Not really true. All the problems with video are gone on my HD3450 R6xx. BUT this is the most buggy version of this driver I have ever used. Texture corruption on several games. Especially with Wine. I was about to send a bug to Wine, but I tried rolling back Wine versions to find out that the problem wasn't really with the Wine update. I find corruption on Flatout2 and Trackmania Nations under Wine and one native app, but I don't remember which one right now. Lots of games installed here. xP

Edit: Almost forgot, Ubuntu 9.04 x86_64, Linux 2.6.28-15, X 1.6.0. Supposed to be supported, I think.
      Last edited by jntesteves; 09-02-2009, 12:35 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by jntesteves View Post
        Not really true. All the problems with video are gone on my HD3450 R6xx. BUT this is the most buggy version of this driver I have ever used. Texture corruption on several games. Especially with Wine. I was about to send a bug to Wine, but I tried rolling back Wine versions to find out that the problem wasn't really with the Wine update. I find corruption on Flatout2 and Trackmania Nations under Wine and one native app, but I don't remember which one right now. Lots of games installed here. xP

Edit: Almost forgot, Ubuntu 9.04 x86_64, Linux 2.6.28-15, X 1.6.0. Supposed to be supported, I think.
        catalyst 9-8 has broken openGL extansions effektet in wine.

9.9 catalyst fix the shame!

Comment

• 9.9 catalyst fix the shame!

Hi all,

I hope it finally gives a boost to video-playback too!

I finally sold my 4870. If the 5870 does not have propa vid supports, like the nVida series, I will purchase a GTX-275.

ATI hardware is grand indeed, but the spend on drivers isn't; not that this has not been covered before.... ;-)

GreekGeek

Comment

• Originally posted by ObiWan View Post
            999 USD without VAT = 999 EUR wit VAT

Thats the normal exchange price
            You know Europe is a continent not a country, right? The VAT in EU countries varies wildly from 16% to 36%...

Comment

• Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
              Hi all,

I finally sold my 4870. If the 5870 does not have propa vid supports, like the nVida series, I will purchase a GTX-275.

ATI hardware is grand indeed, but the spend on drivers isn't; not that this has not been covered before.... ;-)
              What is "propa vid supports" exactly? I can see 1080p x264/DTS MKVs on a 2.5GHz Athlon X2 with 4GB ram and an integrated Radeon 3200 (latest fglrx blob) on Debian AMD64 kernel .26 / VLC 1.0.1 ... Oh, an I also tried it on SuSe 11 AMD64, same VLC, same hardware and it works...

Comment

• Originally posted by GreekGeek View Post
                Hi all,

GreekGeek
                full opensource and spec support for the UVD3 unit will come on the R900 series VGAs!

5870 is R800 ....

in my point of view.. don't buy nvidia hardware!

Comment

• Don't buy it if you like problems

Comment

• Interestingly enough, in the thread on asking nvidia devs questions, half of it is "why are your drivers so shit?".
                    People just love to whinge.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      Don't buy it if you like problems
                      wait for R900 hardware with full spec on the viedeo part..

is not the way go get problems.

Comment

wait for R900 hardware with full spec on the viedeo part..
                        Will you buy one and send it to me?

Comment

catalyst 9-8 has broken openGL extansions effektet in wine.

9.9 catalyst fix the shame!
                          I hate to say this Quaridarium, but have you ever thought of using an English dicitonary? It's perfect, NOT "perfekt", extensions, NOT "extansions", etc. and no freaking idea what you mean by "effektet". i.e. you're making the World of Gothic English forums look good...

I'm still awaiting a decent catalyst since 9.2 here... and I've found that Windows support while MUCH better isn;t all that hot either...
                          Last edited by cutterjohn; 09-02-2009, 11:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by RealNC View Post
                            Will you buy one and send it to me?
                            you can'T buy an R900 cart

Comment

• Originally posted by cutterjohn View Post
                              I hate to say this Quaridarium, but have you ever thought of using an English dicitonary? It's perfect, NOT "perfekt", extensions, NOT "extansions", etc. and no freaking idea what you mean by "effektet". i.e. you're making the World of Gothic English forums look good...

I'm still awaiting a decent catalyst since 9.2 here... and I've found that Windows support while MUCH better isn;t all that hot either...
                              I work on my English skill and yes i now use an English dictionary.

perfect yes i know it.. but my German brainwashed head is kkkkkk alll the time because German "Perfekt" is the german word for the English perfect. realy sorry !

"effektet" you can see the effect of the bug in wine.

wine 1.1.29 fix some oblivion sound problem but if you use windows dll's there was no problem before. Catalyst 9.9 should fix the rest of the bugs. after that only the speed is the problem openGL3.2 fix this.

Comment

• BTW I noticed that Vsync now works buy enabling it ingame and not force it on in CCC like you had to do before! Perhaps it was fixed in an earlier release but this is new for me at least!

Comment

Working...
                                X