• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RealNC View Post
    Qaridarium, please please use this xD
    realy... thank you :-)

Comment

Hey Qaridarium,

Out of curiosity, does the 9.9 beta, or later fix the system freeze when a new X display is killed?

It's basically the only thing preventing me from enjoying these new drivers.

To test: edit
      Code:
      /etc/X11/Xwrapper.config
      and change

allowed_users=console
      to
      allowed_users=anybody

then start the server
      Code:
      X :3 -ac -terminate & DISPLAY=:3 [a/program]
      when
      You'll probably crash your system once you kill that server...
      9.7 and 9.8 have really killed the experience for me.
      Switching between the VTs works fine, but when I kill the new one while using it... crash. I hope things will improve in the next few releases...

If you don't want to test it (or if it works), a PM with a link would be nice
      Last edited by poofyyoda; 08-18-2009, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by poofyyoda View Post
        Hey Qaridarium,

Out of curiosity, does the 9.9 beta, or later fix the system freeze when a new X display is killed?

If you don't want to test it (or if it works), a PM with a link would be nice
        hi the last one i have access is 8.650 aka 8.65.2

this one is an very very pre alpfa 9-9

there is an final version of 9-9 but you need an NDA accress to the beta driver programm.

the only diverend i can say is that the 8.65.2 has better wine support faster and less graficerrors.

but i think the real final 9.9 driver has more fixes !

talk to an linux user in the beta programm to test the newest beta on your problem.

for an exampel "bridgman" or "energyman" there are many many in this forum i the beta programm only the NDA stops them to talk free PM them and you will get answers.

Comment

Working...
        X