Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OpenGL3.2 on Catalyst Wine-GL-Exstansion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • OpenGL3.2 on Catalyst Wine-GL-Exstansion

    OpenGL3.2 on Catalyst Wine-GL-Exstansion

    All abaut OpenGL3.2 in catalyst and the Wine Speedup.

    Now OpenGL3.2 is Out and the wine-nvidia-only-openGL-extansion come to AMD carts!!!!!!!!

    "The new release adds features to improve performance, quality, accelerated geometry processing and easier portability of applications originally made using Direct3D,"

    Wine now can handle DirektX up to 10.1!!!!!!!

    first time on amd as the same as on nvidia!


    in my hope we will see Opengl3.2 in the 9-9 catalyst final!

  • #2
    *plonk*

    .....

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post


      in my hope we will see Opengl3.2 in the 9-9 catalyst final!
      wake up, my friend...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
        in my hope we will see Opengl3.2 in the 9-9 catalyst final!
        since some month we wait for OGL 3.1 final and you think ATI/AMD can release in 2 month an ogl 3.2 driver ? rofl

        BTW ATI/AMD has a 3 month delay with new features or functions.

        I`m an AMD fan to but this is nothing else as dreaming.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Nille View Post
          since some month we wait for OGL 3.1 final and you think ATI/AMD can release in 2 month an ogl 3.2 driver ? rofl

          BTW ATI/AMD has a 3 month delay with new features or functions.

          I`m an AMD fan to but this is nothing else as dreaming.


          there are OpenGL3.2 beta drivers in the cloused beta!

          in near future there will be a big bang!

          becourse some importand chances will come!

          they drop the fireGL-only fokus! and make bist investment in overall lead!

          RC driver openbeta will come to!


          Be Happy Somthing very big is going on!

          Comment


          • #6
            since some month we wait for OGL 3.1 final...
            Full OpenGL 3.1 support is already available with the Catalyst 9.8 drivers.

            Catalyst 9.8 also supports geometry shaders and 33% of the OpenGL 3.2 features.

            Unigine Tropics gets a 10% boost with the new extensions.

            Somthing very big is going on!
            A fix for the broken / crappy OGL vertex shader performance
            Last edited by tuxdriver; 08-16-2009, 12:27 AM.

            Comment


            • #7
              I'm fairly certain amd/ati already provide support for all the extensions that were moved to core in opengl3.2 - and the same for nvidia. A simple glxinfo | grep [whatever] will show that. I haven't gone through every single new addition, but the extensions that I know of that will be of benefit to wine are definitely there.

              I also haven't noticed any broken vertex shaders.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                there are OpenGL3.2 beta drivers in the cloused beta!

                in near future there will be a big bang!

                becourse some importand chances will come!

                they drop the fireGL-only fokus! and make bist investment in overall lead!

                RC driver openbeta will come to!


                Be Happy Somthing very big is going on!
                I am actually intrigued. Open beta? Not bad at all.

                Looking forward to September release.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I would like to know where he gets that kind of information.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by energyman View Post
                    I would like to know where he gets that kind of information.
                    My guess is that he is in the closed beta program. But in that case he must have signed an NDA an is violating it badly overhere .

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X