OpenGL3.2 on Catalyst Wine-GL-Exstansion

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Heiko View Post
    Hmm, I did some testing and I saw that if you run the test as root, the link to the results will include `u=root'. So it could indeed very well be that somebody else ran some benchmarks... perhaps use some kind of hack to change the name of the graphics card. Or perhaps not...
    The u=root portion just meant the user was running the tests as root on their own system.
    Michael Larabel
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      The u=root portion just meant the user was running the tests as root on their own system.
      Yes, I figured that (and changed my previous post accordingly). Now the question is: did somebody really have a Cypress card and tested it using the Phoronix Test Suite? (perhaps some of the AMD guys on this forum? Or perhaps it was Qaridarium , or maybe Phoronix is denying everything because there must be a very strict NDA on publishing about the new hardware).

Or did somebody mess with the submitted results and found a way to submit a dummy graphics card name?

Comment

my bet would be someone messed with submitted results...

it is concievable that it could have been one of the AMD guys, i kinda doubt it though. i don't see them putting benchmarks of a pre-production card on the internet like that.

Comment

Hmm, I did some testing and I saw that if you run the test as root, the link to the results will include `u=root'. So it could indeed very well be that somebody else ran some benchmarks... perhaps use some kind of hack to change the name of the graphics card. Or perhaps not...
          there is no hack! thats the 5870! direktX11 VGA!

Comment

Yes, I figured that (and changed my previous post accordingly). Now the question is: did somebody really have a Cypress card and tested it using the Phoronix Test Suite? (perhaps some of the AMD guys on this forum? Or perhaps it was Qaridarium , or maybe Phoronix is denying everything because there must be a very strict NDA on publishing about the new hardware).

Or did somebody mess with the submitted results and found a way to submit a dummy graphics card name?
            no thats not my work! i only become a information of 5870 hartware benchmark in the PTS database!

Comment

Hmm there are at least 2 tests from that guy

One with 8.65.3(ATI Open GL Version 2.1.9000)
              http://global.phoronix-test-suite.co...923-9841-16162

and one with 8.65.4(OGL 2.1.9000)
              http://global.phoronix-test-suite.co...30-28667-14083

The leaked one was 8.54.2(OGL 2.1.8975) not .3 or was there anonther leak i'm not aware of?
              Last edited by ObiWan; 08-15-2009, 11:09 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AdrenalineJunky View Post
                my bet would be someone messed with submitted results...

it is concievable that it could have been one of the AMD guys, i kinda doubt it though. i don't see them putting benchmarks of a pre-production card on the internet like that.
                Well, I tried running a benchmark myself. The default is to submit to the database after running the benchmark, so if you don't pay attention it might happen. I don't think there is a way of removing the results from the database after you submitted it...

Comment

Well, I tried running a benchmark myself. The default is to submit to the database after running the benchmark, so if you don't pay attention it might happen. I don't think there is a way of removing the results from the database after you submitted it...
                  I'd assume though that inhouse testing with the cards happens in an environment without an Internet connection. That's what I'd do in an experimention environment anyway. ^^ And I don't see any reason why the pros would be any more stupid than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                    there is no hack! thats the 5870! direktX11 VGA!
                    you have absolutely no way of knowing that.

Comment

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
                      I'd assume though that inhouse testing with the cards happens in an environment without an Internet connection. That's what I'd do in an experimention environment anyway. ^^ And I don't see any reason why the pros would be any more stupid than me.
                      I know that some people, those who have the right connections, sometimes get a nice surprise from hardware manufacturers. Like a new piece of hardware that isn't yet available to the general public. It could be the same in this case... or perhaps AMD gave a couple of gpu's to some of their employees, just for home use.

You never know... but could still be that somebody found a way to change the name of the graphics card. But still... if somebody wants to start a rumour, he would make it more obvious probably. Would you call it `EG Cypress'? Nah... `HD5870' or `EverGreen Cypress' makes much more sense.

I think it might be real... however, who submitted this will probably remain a mystery.

Comment

Working...
                      X