Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD 8.35.5 Driver -- Hello Catalyst Control Center Linux Edition!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    Originally posted by mlau View Post
    Is the source for the CCC in the package? That would be awesome
    since the precompiled version doesn't run on my machine
    (damn XCB keeps exposing locking bugs in other libs/apps )
    amdcccle is not open source and the package only includes a 32-bit binary of it.
    Michael Larabel
    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

    Comment


    • #42
      On my ubuntu 6.10 system, the .debs build correctly and the ccc works. However the logout freeze bug still exists, also when I toggle TexturedVideo on to get hardware acceleration on tv-out, I notice great instability with random freezes. Normal Xv output is still affected by the tv-out cropping bug. http://ati.cchtml.com/show_bug.cgi?id=309
      Last edited by giorgosts; 03-30-2007, 03:11 AM.

      Comment


      • #43
        I have the problem that even after a clean install of openSuSE 10.2, I can't get the ATI Control Centre initialised.

        I built the rpm package for my system and installed it fine, the graphics acceleration works fine for my Radeon Xpress 1100. Doesn't the rpm take care of all dependencies?

        Comment


        • #44
          Originally posted by Radon View Post
          I have the problem that even after a clean install of openSuSE 10.2, I can't get the ATI Control Centre initialised.

          I built the rpm package for my system and installed it fine, the graphics acceleration works fine for my Radeon Xpress 1100. Doesn't the rpm take care of all dependencies?
          I noticed that too (also Opensuse 10.2) when running Xgl, turn off Xgl and the Ati control works... Propably depends on dri?!

          Comment


          • #45
            Originally posted by nesnomis View Post
            I noticed that too (also Opensuse 10.2) when running Xgl, turn off Xgl and the Ati control works... Propably depends on dri?!
            Thanks, that worked! It does seem it depends on the dri, but surely AMD have the resources to create better software.

            I have been a supporter of AMD since they broke the 1GHz barrier, and I still remember the double-fan Thermaltake Super Orb, but I feel that now that AMD is targetting the mainstream market they should put more emphasis on the users' needs and trends. Something like Dell's Direct2Dell would be appreciated.

            Comment


            • #46
              Fedora 5 build fails

              I am trying to build the 8.35.5 package for a Fedora Core 5
              machine, and something is odd. I use the following command:

              Code:
              sh ./ati-driver-installer-8.35.5-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Fedora/FC5
              and it goes on showing a lot of stuff I won't repeat here, but at
              the end it fails with this message:

              Code:
              error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
                 /usr/bin/fireglcontrolpanel
              
              
              RPM build errors:
                  Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
                 /usr/bin/fireglcontrolpanel
              Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.wX3805
              I thought this newest version didn't include fireglcontrolpanel
              anymore. What is going on??
              I checked /usr/bin/ and there is no fireglcontrolpanel there.
              Any ideas?

              Comment


              • #47
                Originally posted by scuac View Post
                I am trying to build the 8.35.5 package for a Fedora Core 5
                machine, and something is odd. I use the following command:

                Code:
                sh ./ati-driver-installer-8.35.5-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Fedora/FC5
                and it goes on showing a lot of stuff I won't repeat here, but at
                the end it fails with this message:

                Code:
                error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
                   /usr/bin/fireglcontrolpanel
                
                
                RPM build errors:
                    Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
                   /usr/bin/fireglcontrolpanel
                Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.wX3805
                I thought this newest version didn't include fireglcontrolpanel
                anymore. What is going on??
                I checked /usr/bin/ and there is no fireglcontrolpanel there.
                Any ideas?
                Wow, interesting. The fireglcontrolpanel has been removed from the SPEC file. Can you try running it again or running Fedora/FC6 as it will likely error out but to see if it pouts about the fireglcontrolpanel.
                Michael Larabel
                http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                Comment


                • #48
                  Originally posted by Michael View Post
                  Wow, interesting. The fireglcontrolpanel has been removed from the SPEC file. Can you try running it again or running Fedora/FC6 as it will likely error out but to see if it pouts about the fireglcontrolpanel.

                  I tried three times with Fedora/FC5 and got always the same error.
                  Now I tried with Fedora/FC6 and it worked, it generated

                  ATI-fglrx-8.35.5-1.fc6.i386.rpm
                  ATI-fglrx-control-center-8.35.5-1.fc6.i386.rpm
                  ATI-fglrx-devel-8.35.5-1.fc6.i386.rpm
                  kernel-module-ATI-fglrx-2.6.20-1.2307.fc5smp-8.35.5-1.fc6.i386.rpm

                  and no error message.
                  Should I go ahead and install the FC6 version even though the system
                  is FC5 ?

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    You can try FC5 again.... it's so odd that it would do something with fireglcontrolpanel as it's not even referenced any longer in the scripts.

                    Otherwise doing FC6 should work.
                    Michael Larabel
                    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      Originally posted by scuac View Post
                      I am trying to build the 8.35.5 package for a Fedora Core 5
                      machine, and something is odd. I use the following command:

                      Code:
                      sh ./ati-driver-installer-8.35.5-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Fedora/FC5
                      and it goes on showing a lot of stuff I won't repeat here, but at
                      the end it fails with this message:

                      Code:
                      error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
                         /usr/bin/fireglcontrolpanel
                      
                      
                      RPM build errors:
                          Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
                         /usr/bin/fireglcontrolpanel
                      Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.wX3805
                      I thought this newest version didn't include fireglcontrolpanel
                      anymore. What is going on??
                      I checked /usr/bin/ and there is no fireglcontrolpanel there.
                      Any ideas?

                      May be you could do --extract and after that delete "fireglcontrolpanel" folder. Than run building script.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X