Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD 8.35.5 Driver -- Hello Catalyst Control Center Linux Edition!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Fedora 5 build fails

    I am trying to build the 8.35.5 package for a Fedora Core 5
    machine, and something is odd. I use the following command:

    Code:
    sh ./ati-driver-installer-8.35.5-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Fedora/FC5
    and it goes on showing a lot of stuff I won't repeat here, but at
    the end it fails with this message:

    Code:
    error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
       /usr/bin/fireglcontrolpanel
    
    
    RPM build errors:
        Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
       /usr/bin/fireglcontrolpanel
    Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.wX3805
    I thought this newest version didn't include fireglcontrolpanel
    anymore. What is going on??
    I checked /usr/bin/ and there is no fireglcontrolpanel there.
    Any ideas?

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by scuac View Post
      I am trying to build the 8.35.5 package for a Fedora Core 5
      machine, and something is odd. I use the following command:

      Code:
      sh ./ati-driver-installer-8.35.5-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Fedora/FC5
      and it goes on showing a lot of stuff I won't repeat here, but at
      the end it fails with this message:

      Code:
      error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
         /usr/bin/fireglcontrolpanel
      
      
      RPM build errors:
          Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
         /usr/bin/fireglcontrolpanel
      Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.wX3805
      I thought this newest version didn't include fireglcontrolpanel
      anymore. What is going on??
      I checked /usr/bin/ and there is no fireglcontrolpanel there.
      Any ideas?
      Wow, interesting. The fireglcontrolpanel has been removed from the SPEC file. Can you try running it again or running Fedora/FC6 as it will likely error out but to see if it pouts about the fireglcontrolpanel.
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Wow, interesting. The fireglcontrolpanel has been removed from the SPEC file. Can you try running it again or running Fedora/FC6 as it will likely error out but to see if it pouts about the fireglcontrolpanel.

        I tried three times with Fedora/FC5 and got always the same error.
        Now I tried with Fedora/FC6 and it worked, it generated

        ATI-fglrx-8.35.5-1.fc6.i386.rpm
        ATI-fglrx-control-center-8.35.5-1.fc6.i386.rpm
        ATI-fglrx-devel-8.35.5-1.fc6.i386.rpm
        kernel-module-ATI-fglrx-2.6.20-1.2307.fc5smp-8.35.5-1.fc6.i386.rpm

        and no error message.
        Should I go ahead and install the FC6 version even though the system
        is FC5 ?

        Comment


        • #49
          You can try FC5 again.... it's so odd that it would do something with fireglcontrolpanel as it's not even referenced any longer in the scripts.

          Otherwise doing FC6 should work.
          Michael Larabel
          http://www.michaellarabel.com/

          Comment


          • #50
            Originally posted by scuac View Post
            I am trying to build the 8.35.5 package for a Fedora Core 5
            machine, and something is odd. I use the following command:

            Code:
            sh ./ati-driver-installer-8.35.5-x86.x86_64.run --buildpkg Fedora/FC5
            and it goes on showing a lot of stuff I won't repeat here, but at
            the end it fails with this message:

            Code:
            error: Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
               /usr/bin/fireglcontrolpanel
            
            
            RPM build errors:
                Installed (but unpackaged) file(s) found:
               /usr/bin/fireglcontrolpanel
            Removing temporary directory: fglrx-install.wX3805
            I thought this newest version didn't include fireglcontrolpanel
            anymore. What is going on??
            I checked /usr/bin/ and there is no fireglcontrolpanel there.
            Any ideas?

            May be you could do --extract and after that delete "fireglcontrolpanel" folder. Than run building script.

            Comment


            • #51
              Originally posted by kirsche View Post
              May be you could do --extract and after that delete "fireglcontrolpanel" folder. Than run building script.
              It's not a folder. There is a tar of the fglrx sources and it would then compile it from source, but that has all been removed in 8.35.
              Michael Larabel
              http://www.michaellarabel.com/

              Comment


              • #52
                I installed the new ati drivers from my distro (frugalware).
                I cant get the control center to work:
                Code:
                mikko@frugalware:~$ amdcccle
                amdcccle: xcb_xlib.c:50: xcb_xlib_unlock: Asserzione `c->xlib.lock' fallita.
                Abortito
                same with root.. What should I do?
                Thanks

                Comment


                • #53
                  not true. the old panel sources are still there - gentoo ebuild still is able to compile it.

                  /common/usr/src/ati/fglrx_panel_sources.tgz - here they are (inside the makeself archive).

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by yoshi314 View Post
                    not true. the old panel sources are still there - gentoo ebuild still is able to compile it.

                    /common/usr/src/ati/fglrx_panel_sources.tgz - here they are (inside the makeself archive).
                    I was referring to the code segment in the Fedora scripts being removed where it extracts the sources and then compiles it and moves it into /usr/bin/

                    However, the panel sources is being removed in 8.36.
                    Michael Larabel
                    http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Anybody tried to install fglrx driver on latest slackware-current with modular X.org?
                      I install the driver, compile the kernel module, but after aticonfig --initial X.org refuses to start, complaining about mismatching module requierements. Particulary it says fglrx module is compiled for 6.9.xx but 1.3.xx is found. Any souliutions?

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        xorg 7.2 and 7.3 are reporting xorg version 1.2 and 1.3 with X -version command

                        I imagine this is the source of the error. I'm not clear if this naming method will change or be altered to reflect the actual numbers, 7.2 and 7.3.

                        I imagine you can locate the detection in the installer scripts and hack the code to properly handle the xorg numbering.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          Originally posted by gfxdrone View Post
                          xorg 7.2 and 7.3 are reporting xorg version 1.2 and 1.3 with X -version command
                          Code:
                          X -version
                          
                          X Window System Version 7.2.0
                          Release Date: 22 January 2007
                          X Protocol Version 11, Revision 0, Release 7.2
                          On my frugalware. Maybe it shows 1.3.xx because it's still a RC? I also have slack current on my old P2 and I cant get 3d working with my matrox video card, dunno if this is the cause.

                          Comment


                          • #58
                            Yes, could be the rc issue, we're seeing that in the xorg packages stuck in debian experimental, they show 1.2.x, whereas X -version shows 7.1.x for sid

                            We'll see what happens with that naming once 7.2 comes into sid, not sure if it's the new naming method or not, hope not.

                            Re matrox, I'm assured that Matrox support simply sucks for Linux. Old, new, all sucks. New especially. Makes ATI look good, which is quite an achievement.
                            Last edited by gfxdrone; 04-01-2007, 04:28 AM.

                            Comment


                            • #59
                              Originally posted by b15hop View Post
                              Oh you little beauty! I just tried then, I can now finally get back to X without having to reboot my system. Now to get rid of this Mesa crap...
                              Guess what Michael... The driver crashes when it's installed properly. When it says MESA as the OpenGL driver, switching from desktop / window manager to another tty and then back again works. Yet when the driver says: OpenGL vendor string: ATI Technologies Inc. The driver doesn't want to switch. It will switch out but not back in again, just locks up the PC. A driver or two ago it used to just blank out the screen and not lock the system. So if I had music or skype running I could still talk just no screen. Oh well maybe next driver release.

                              Comment


                              • #60
                                Hi Guys,

                                I've been able to build the packages successfuly and got the following:

                                kernel-module-ATI-fglrx-2.6.20-1.2933.fc6-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64.rpm
                                ATI-fglrx-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64.rpm
                                ATI-fglrx-devel-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64.rpm
                                ATI-fglrx-control-center-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64.rpm
                                ATI-fglrx-IA32-libs-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64.rpm

                                Installing them in that order (using rpm -ivh xxx.rpm), I get an error when I try either of the last two rpms (control center or IA32):

                                error: Failed dependencies:
                                libstdc++.so.5 is needed by ATI-fglrx-control-center-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64
                                libstdc++.so.5(CXXABI_1.2) is needed by ATI-fglrx-control-center-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64
                                libstdc++.so.5(GLIBCPP_3.2) is needed by ATI-fglrx-control-center-8.35.5-1.fc6.x86_64

                                Problem being, I've installed both the 32 bit and 64 bit compat-stdlibc++ libraries (the kernel was pretty specific in asking for 64 bit, then this one asked for 32 bit), but still get this issue.

                                Fedora 6, x86_64 on a core 2 duo with X1950 pro. Any ideas?

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X