• Final 9-4 catalyst will come Today!

:-) Bee Happy!

Show me the change log.

Comment

Originally posted by FunkyRider View Post
      Show me the change log.
      this is not my work...

Comment

Hopefully all the awful bugs of the 9.3 catalyst linux driver are fixed. Especially this horrible problem when a HD TV is plugged into the graphics card via HDMI ... The whole X-Server crashes when using 9.3 or earlier releases.
        Moreover this terrible tearing is starting to get on my nerves. Hopefully also that is fixed.

So long

Comment

I somehow doubt tearing is fixed... sounded like there needed to be some infrastructural changes outside of fglrx for that to go away...?

Comment

Really? 9.3 was released just two weeks ago and now there is already 9.4?

Comment

Where can we find this 9.4 driver?

Comment

Originally posted by peppo View Post
                I somehow doubt tearing is fixed... sounded like there needed to be some infrastructural changes outside of fglrx for that to go away...?
                Really?
                Why is it possible with the propietary NVIDIA drivers then?
                What does ATI developers hinder to walkaround this alleged infrastructural changes, too?

Comment

The tearing with Xv has already been explained. Don't remember the details (if you search for it on the forums it should pop up) but it has something to do with the overlay block being on the 3D engine which does not provide vsync functionality for Xv. The workaround would have to be implemented in the driver itself which I guess is harder than it seems. I could be remembering things wrong thought.

Comment

This would be acceptable if it were possible for my graphics card to use XV with compiz enabled without killing X ...

Comment

Working...
                    X