No announcement yet.

Final 9-4 catalyst will come Today!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

To be fair he was right about 9.4 coming out today . . . he didn't say anything about linux.

They'll continue their march toward infinite mediocrity, in all likelihood. Nothing to see here, move along!

Comment

Originally posted by Vighy View Post
      do you really think he was serious???

how can it be ready today??? no no, sorry but I think we need to wait at best 2 weeks.

But it may have xorg-server-1.6 support. (not for sure)

you are a sooo Little Boy!

I was Serious the driver is Out Now!

Look @ google: http://news.google.de/news?pz=1&ned=de&hl=de&q=catalyst

Comment

I'm pretty sure that ATI will wait to release Flglx 9.4 until Unbuntu 9.04 goes out ... for sure

Comment

Last I heard we were planning to delay the Linux Catalyst a week relative to Windows for 9.4 as well, then shift back to simultaneous releases after that.

Comment

So give it another few more days or upto a week. Haha.. I had a feeling this was the case. =)

Comment

As bridgeman says, it will be released the 17th. Read it here:
              http://blogs.amd.com/play/2009/04/08...-want-to-know/

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                you are a sooo Little Boy!

I was Serious the driver is Out Now!

Look @ google: http://news.google.de/news?pz=1&ned=de&hl=de&q=catalyst
                this is a linux forum, not a windows one!

so I assume you're talking about linux drivers. I don't give a heck about windows drivers, since I don't use that crap.

Comment

Originally posted by Vighy View Post
                  this is a linux forum, not a windows one!

so I assume you're talking about linux drivers. I don't give a heck about windows drivers, since I don't use that crap.
                  Yes Yes but the 9-4 final driver is not the interesing think abaut linux...

9-5 will soulf the 2.6.29 kernel problem.. and after the 9-4 release there is a beta of 9-5 :-)

Comment

Well even if 9-5 would "solve" it, then ati should provide an official patch for 9-3 for use with legacy hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      Well even if 9-5 would "solve" it, then ati should provide an official patch for 9-3 for use with legacy hardware.
                      do you really believe it?

I'm sure they won't. That driver is targeted for older distros, so in their policy there's no problem in leaving it without kernel 2.6.29 support.

Comment

Working...
                      X