No announcement yet.

patch: vanilla fglrx for 2.6.29

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thats nice, but when that crappy driver wants em, what do do? I added those to the kernel header package and did not include em in my script. But the example code from mandriva did not work - and i doubt it will ever work even with mandriva that way because they are not in the includes dir but in the drivers dir. A bad hack would be using ../drivers/ then.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
      Thats nice, but when that crappy driver wants em, what do do?
      Rework using the proper API: for getting the child (the code assumes that there's only one...) you can use acpi_get_next_object, the notifier part is harder to fix since there's no API for updating the context nor the handler of an event... you'd have to write it. Or go for a workaround:

A bad hack would be using ../drivers/ then.
      Well it seems that the only problem is the acpi_namespace_node struct, so maybe you can just put a definition of that in one of ATI's headers.

Comment

Good idea, please provide a nicer patch then

Comment

Good idea, please provide a nicer patch then
          I'm somewhat uninterested in fixing the closed source driver

Comment

Originally posted by tettamanti View Post
            I'm somewhat uninterested in fixing the closed source driver
            you lazy italian!
            (Anche io lo sono, e ti capisco :P)

Comment

Doesn't work with fglrx 9.3?

I tried to install fglrx 9.3 on the 2.6.29 32bit kernel, I applied the 'big and ugly' patch, however, the kernel module got compiled and can be loaded.
              Originally posted by dmesg
              [fglrx] Maximum main memory to use for locked dma buffers: 1898 MBytes.
              [fglrx] vendor: 1002 device: 7280 count: 1
              [fglrx] ioport: bar 4, base 0x7000, size: 0x100
              [fglrx] Kernel PAT support detected, disabling driver built-in PAT support
              [fglrx] module loaded - fglrx 8.59.2 [Mar 13 2009] with 1 minors
              Still, I don't get X running with it
              Originally posted by Xorg.0.log
              (EE) fglrx(0): [FB] Can not get FB MC address range.
              (EE) fglrx(0): atiddxDriScreenInit failed, GPS not been initialized.
              (EE) fglrx(0): XMM failed to open CMMQS connection.
              (EE) fglrx(0): firegl_SetSuspendResumeState FAILED -9.
              (EE) fglrx(0): firegl_GetSuspendResumeState FAILED -9.
              The Card used is a X1950Pro.

Comment

Thats what I get when I try to load it:

Code:
                [fglrx] Maximum main memory to use for locked dma buffers: 1412 MBytes.                                                                             
                [fglrx:drm_alloc] *ERROR* [driver] Allocating 0 bytes                                                                                               
                [fglrx:firegl_init_device_list] *ERROR* Out of memory when allocating device heads                                                                   
                [fglrx:firegl_init_module] *ERROR* firegl_init_devices failed
                I get this on .28 as well without patch...

Comment

Hello everybody,

i've also tried to install 2.6.29 kernel with fglrx driver and i also get an error, probably the same as mentionned before. I also tried to patch with this one but i'm not able to find the files. I get an error line 11 with this:
                  Code:
                  a/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/Makefile
                  i searched in /usr/src/linux-source-2.6.29 and in modules but i didn't find them. Can anyone tell me where are they ?

Thks.

Comment

The patch is not against the kernel, it is against fglrx (extracted).

Comment

The patch is not against the kernel, it is against fglrx (extracted).
                      i've installed fglrx-driver and fglrx-driver-src, i've extracted it and so there is a tree like this:
                      Code:
                      $ cd /usr/src
                      $ tar xvjf fglrx.tar.bz2
                      $ cd modules/fglrx
                      $ ls
                      debian
                      drm_compat.h
                      drm.h
                      drm_os_linux.h
                      drmP.h
                      drm_proc.h
                      firegl_public.c
                      firegl_public.h
                      kcl_agp.c
                      kcl_io.c
                      Makefile
                      make.sh
                      so i think i've got a right tree but there's not any folder like:
                      Code:
                      a/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/common/lib/common/lib/modules/fglrx/build_mod/modules/fglrx/build_mod/2.6.x/
                      in line 8. Is there other source i haven't dl or i'm stupid ?

Can you exactly explain me what is to way to do. Sorry for this, i've never used any patch or things like that.

Thanks a lot.

P.S: i've forget to precise that i'm on Debian testing 64 on an Turion64.

Comment

Sorry to replay but have you got any idea or suggestions ?

Is it the package fglrx come from debian or another one or...?

Thanks.

Comment

patch worked and works fine ...

Hi,

I'm sorry to made mystakes, the patch were and is correct, independantly where the sources come from.

The trouble which froze X Window come from libdrm 2.4.5. This will be probably fixed with libdrm 2.4.6.

So, get the libdrm 2.4.4, then configure, make, make install. All library files goes by default to /usr/local/lib which comes _before_ /usr/lib !

Don't forgot ldconfig if you don't want to reboot your linux box.

see http://groups.google.com/group/linux...45058?lnk=raot

or google.com/linux === query ===> fglrx libdrm

See ya.
                          Sril

Nota : libdrm on freedesktop.org !

http://dri.freedesktop.org/libdrm/libdrm-2.4.4.tar.bz2
                          MD5: c183ee614b25f61ea325d57882a2fab2 libdrm-2.4.4.tar.bz2
                          SHA1: 5da1a685d2028168e87c6e2855fb7cca00a02aed libdrm-2.4.4.tar.bz2

http://dri.freedesktop.org/libdrm/libdrm-2.4.4.tar.gz
                          MD5: b83c65c87329127ab1e714c661a7f8b9 libdrm-2.4.4.tar.gz
                          SHA1: 4b904e4eafc368d9f1b827a7439fc80a41746cb3 libdrm-2.4.4.tar.gz

Comment

Hi,

Patch works fine.

Take a look at : http://groups.google.com/group/linux...45058?lnk=raot

Error come from libdrm, see : http://dri.freedesktop.org/libdrm

Don't forgot ldconfig if you don't want to reboot.

See ya.
                            Sril

Comment

Originally posted by Sril View Post
                              Hi,

Error come from libdrm, see : http://dri.freedesktop.org/libdrm

See ya.
                              Sril
                              FYI: fglrx 9.3 on kernel 2.6.28.x with libdrm 2.4.5 is not affected.

Comment

Working...
                              X