No announcement yet.

AMD solve the Wine Problem with Cat/Fglrx 9-4alpfa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any idea if pixel buffer support has been added? - it's been a request for the linux driver for quite a while. I'd love to do some 'informal' testing of the alpha, but apparently my search_fu is weak this morning.

Would happily test if a -> could be pm'd
    Last edited by Bitmasker; 03-11-2009, 12:24 PM.

Comment

Sorry for this being my first post but could someone enlighten me via PM where to find these glorious drivers?
      Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
        can you please post your hartware and os ?

if there is an error you can give amd a chance to fix this befor release!
        Hardware:
        AMD HD3650 mobility

Software:
        Kubuntu 8.10.

There is no error messages.

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
          Hardware:
          AMD HD3650 mobility

Software:
          Kubuntu 8.10.

There is no error messages.
          please post /usr/share/ati/fglrx-install.log

and the /etc/X11/xorg.conf
          Last edited by Qaridarium; 03-11-2009, 12:13 PM.

Comment

What is the xorg-server 1.6 support status of this driver?

Comment

As far as I have seen, there is no server 1.6 support right now

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
                OMG, this 9.4 RC1 driver is awesome. KDE 4.2 resizing is fixed! Its very very fast, no latency at all and with composition on.

XV video with compositing also works very smooth now. I don't got misplaced video output or anything odd. I don't even get crashes when playing a video in fullscreen??? :O

EDIT:
                Actually resizing with compositing seems a lot faster than without composition :P That said, resizing isn't slow without compositing, don't worry.
                Care to share your xorg.conf?
                I'm running KDE 4.2 with/without compositing and window resizing is still very slow. I've tried all the combinations of Kwin effects to no avail.

My xorg.conf settings are non-existant, I only set the Driver to fglrx.

Also, when you run fglrxinfo, is the OpenGL version 3.x or 2.1? Mine still says 2.1.

Comment

you people who installed it - can you post the md5sum of the installer? just to make sure that I don't download crap

Comment

Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                    no! on an nvidia you can use OpenGL2.1+nvidia-only-extansions to put DX9C into WINE! ...

the OpenGL2.1 in the Catalyst has no nvidia extansons!

in fakt Pure OpenGL2.1 is only DX9b!!!! shader2 not shader3! and the windows programs use nvidia only extansions like dinamic-wather in DX9c!

X1950 can NOT render dynamic-Wather! (hd2000-hd3000-hd3000 can render dynamic Wather)

so pure-OpenGL2.1=DX9b (not c )

OpenGL2.1+nvidia-extanions=DX9C!

With OpenGL3 in the Catalyst you can have DX9C+DX10+Dynamic-Wather in WINE!
                    No, it isn't true OpenGL 2.1 is compatible with DirectX 9.0c (I know because I use this two standards and all works ok). I don't look on Wine code, but if they use NV extansion this is Wine team fault, with multi vendor extension all DirectX 9.0c features all avaiable on graphic cards with OpenGL 2.1 support (so SM 3.0 also).

Comment

I'm really interested in this driver. I've searched the web already with no success.

Could someone give me a hint via pm?

Comment

Fix this driver desktop tearing with compiz?
                        could somebody send PM me where I can found this driver?

Comment

How can I test that drivers?

I have a lot of problems with my ati 4850.
                          Compiz problems, wine, crash when restart a session in kde4, sometimes not initialize correctly, etc..

If the 9.4 version really fixes some problems, I really need that version.
                          My patience is about to die, and I don't like to change to nvidia.

Can someone pm how to try that version?
                          Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by energyman View Post
                            you people who installed it - can you post the md5sum of the installer? just to make sure that I don't download crap
                            0fe4c5cd08923c1af2f0a7a328e6afbc ati-driver-installer-8.60_RC1-x86.x86_64.run

Comment

thanks - now I need a download link

Comment

Originally posted by zxcvb771 View Post
                                What is the xorg-server 1.6 support status of this driver?
                                i not supportet right yet but i think the final 9-4 has xserver 1,6 support!

Comment

Working...
                                X