Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AMD Dropping R300-R500 Support In Catalyst Driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
    energyman :"he is right. Fedora is crap. Broken pre-alpha software forced down the throat of users to abuse them as guinea pigs for RHEL. "

    Soo You Lose your Time on Your CRAP Like Fedora!!!1!!!!!!


    kernel 2.6.30 brings the last needet part for the opensource driver then the radeon/radeonHD opensource driver starts to work Full featured!

    use old FGLRX on new kernels are CRAP! so you lost your time on your Crapy Thinking!
    It's not full featured until it performs at the same performance levels as the blobs and offer the same feature set. Until then it is crippled. Besides if you watched the history of linux development at all especially when it comes to X and drivers you know as well as everybody else that the roadmap gets altered radically on a regular basis and there are no guarantees that the situation will be any better in 2.6.30.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
      energyman :"he is right. Fedora is crap. Broken pre-alpha software forced down the throat of users to abuse them as guinea pigs for RHEL. "

      Soo You Lose your Time on Your CRAP Like Fedora!!!1!!!!!!


      kernel 2.6.30 brings the last needet part for the opensource driver then the radeon/radeonHD opensource driver starts to work Full featured!

      use old FGLRX on new kernels are CRAP! so you lost your time on your Crapy Thinking!
      Maybe it's because we hail from different parts of the world, but I find your behavior here...frankly, offensive. You are boorish and rude. While it is admirable that you took the time to learn English and participate in our board, it is evident that you have yet much to learn. Please stop.

      Comment


      • deanjo - just ignore them

        The topic is Catalyst and fglrx; anyone trying to pick a "my distro is better than your distro" fight instead must therefore be either astonishingly clueless or a Troll.

        Possibly even both.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          It's not full featured until it performs at the same performance levels as the blobs and offer the same feature set. Until then it is crippled. Besides if you watched the history of linux development at all especially when it comes to X and drivers you know as well as everybody else that the roadmap gets altered radically on a regular basis and there are no guarantees that the situation will be any better in 2.6.30.
          your fedora crap can't do anythink!

          becourse the Fully speed of the RadeonHD first comes with the 2.6.30 kernel !

          but yes no 2.6.30 kernel to see!!!!

          and the 9-3 Catalyst is not Out right now!

          so you have still 2 monds supportet! befor the catalyst 9-4 comes out

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
            your fedora crap can't do anythink!

            becourse the Fully speed of the RadeonHD first comes with the 2.6.30 kernel !

            but yes no 2.6.30 kernel to see!!!!

            and the 9-3 Catalyst is not Out right now!

            so you have still 2 monds supportet! befor the catalyst 9-4 comes out
            Who says I use Fedora? At least my distro comes with a spell check.

            You still have NO proof that the opensource drivers will run at the same performance levels. Even the radeon opensource devs say that those performance levels are not realistically in reach nor will they every likely be in those levels.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by chrisr View Post
              The topic is Catalyst and fglrx; anyone trying to pick a "my distro is better than your distro" fight instead must therefore be either astonishingly clueless or a Troll.

              Possibly even both.
              your distro is crap and my distro isn't a distro...

              my system is a dev platform for Debian6 and not a distro!

              and your distro is a dev platform for the next Redhat/CentOS release!

              so your distro isn't a distro ! so only you are the crap!

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
                Maybe it's because we hail from different parts of the world, but I find your behavior here...frankly, offensive. You are boorish and rude. While it is admirable that you took the time to learn English and participate in our board, it is evident that you have yet much to learn. Please stop.
                Oooo YES Learn english... i'LL try my best realy!

                but i do not stop! bashing Fedora! becourse i use the same DEV platform "SID" for debian as he use DEV platform for REDHAT !!!!

                so i bash my self!

                but i know i use a DEV platform and he is to stubit to check this out!

                Comment


                • for those worried about not having powerplay anymore, i have a thinkpad t60p with a firegl v5250 and with dynamicclocks on battery life isn't that much worse and idle/normal operating temps are about the same as they were with crapalyst (fan speed might be slightly higher on average but i can't notice a difference in noise). everything but 3d is much faster. windows redraw noticeably faster and normal desktop usage feels much more responsive as a result. great job to all those who have worked and are working on the open source drivers!

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                    your distro is crap and my distro isn't a distro...

                    my system is a dev platform for Debian6 and not a distro!

                    and your distro is a dev platform for the next Redhat/CentOS release!

                    so your distro isn't a distro ! so only you are the crap!

                    Id just like to take this insane opportunity to say......

                    WoW!! Man!! Dude!! Yo!! Lock it, rock it, then cock it!!!

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                      It's not full featured until it performs at the same performance levels as the blobs and offer the same feature set. Until then it is crippled. Besides if you watched the history of linux development at all especially when it comes to X and drivers you know as well as everybody else that the roadmap gets altered radically on a regular basis and there are no guarantees that the situation will be any better in 2.6.30.

                      we will see this if the 2.6.30 kernel is Out in 2-3 Monds!

                      for now and in 3 monds the catalyst 9-3 works for the older carts!

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X