Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arch Linux Revolts Against ATI Catalyst Driver

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #51
    Originally posted by kraftman View Post
    There was a time when KDE4 wasn't stable, but now it is. It's great time to change IMHO.
    Imagine the flamage on the lists and forums...

    Comment


    • #52
      Originally posted by kraftman View Post
      @deanjo

      It works this way - more clicks on distro title = it's more popular on distrowatch
      I realize that, that's why if you were going use distrowatch as a measuring stick for articles then openSUSE should have more articles then Fedora.

      Comment


      • #53
        On topic, I just wrote officially that the drivers will be dropped. Thanks for the support on this matter, (Arch) / Linux community.

        Comment


        • #54
          who cares? Archlinux is broken by design - a good example of how not to do a distribution.

          Comment


          • #55
            Originally posted by energyman View Post
            who cares? Archlinux is broken by design - a good example of how not to do a distribution.
            Arch is an ideal distribution for someone who doesn't want to spend all day compiling apps and who wants rolling distro.

            Comment


            • #56
              I think in the end this will only hurt Arch, assuming they have a big ATI user base to begin with. Plus, I'm sure someone in the community will eventually step up to the challenge.

              Comment


              • #57
                Originally posted by kraftman View Post
                Arch is an ideal distribution for someone who doesn't want to spend all day compiling apps and who wants rolling distro.
                wrong. With its broken versioning and downgrading it is the worst possible distribution for anybody who wants rolling updates.

                Comment


                • #58
                  Originally posted by energyman View Post
                  wrong. With its broken versioning and downgrading it is the worst possible distribution for anybody who wants rolling updates.
                  Which is better if I don't want to compile packages?

                  Comment


                  • #59
                    Originally posted by energyman View Post
                    wrong. With its broken versioning and downgrading it is the worst possible distribution for anybody who wants rolling updates.
                    Broken versioning ? says who ?

                    Troll detected.

                    Comment


                    • #60
                      @energyman, you just want to take the time to tell us your achievement frustrations?

                      @Melcar, 10% of our users use ati open source driver. 9% use catalyst, so no not many users use catalyst, not even ati at all, nvidia is used by 43% of the users.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X