Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650: crash on X startup

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by dgrafenhofer View Post
    I tried hotplugging & restarting. I will still play around a bit and see if this might be related to some other setting. I will keep this forum posted.
    I'll ask tomorrow around for a HDMI cable and if I'm lucky I'll try this also and post back.

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by shiftear View Post
      I have no idea, aticonfig --odgc reports that my card is not supported and cannot retrieve clocks and & other info.

      Anyway, I get around 3 hours on battery out of my 8530p so it's not too bad.

      Edit:
      I'm on 9.04 right now I and see compiz paired with fglrx still has issues -> slow window resize, about 1 sec delay when unminimizing a window, slow movie playback (frames dropped), crash when full screen a movie window (only totem tested).

      On 8.10 with catayst 9.3 it works amazingly well.
      Thats because 9.3 is newer than the driver'in 9.04. The driver in 9.04 is just a modified 9.2, with 1.6 xserver support I think.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by dgrafenhofer View Post
        I tried hotplugging & restarting. I will still play around a bit and see if this might be related to some other setting. I will keep this forum posted.
        You won't get hdmi or vga to work with hd3650 in 9.04's fglrx alpha driver (At least I didn't). Because the driver have the same bug as in the fglrx 9.4 alpha version, were it is almost impossible to use either hdmi or vga. It is fixed in fglrx 9.3 though :-) So just wait for the fglrx 9.4 final in 9.04. I have gone back to 8.10, and I am now enjoying my card on fglrx 9.3 agin :-)
        Last edited by tball; 04-01-2009, 12:52 PM.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by tball View Post
          You won't get the hdmi thing work with hd3650 ind 9.04 (At least I didn't). Because the driver have the same bug, as in fglrx 9.4 alpha version, were it was impossible to get the hdmi / vga to work. It is fixed in fglrx 9.3 though :-) So just wait for the fglrx 9.4 final in 9.04.
          Well, the problem is, that I use catalyst 9.3 on ubuntu 8.10!

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by dgrafenhofer View Post
            Well, the problem is, that I use catalyst 9.3 on ubuntu 8.10!
            Okay thats weird. 9.3 works fine here.

            Comment


            • #21
              It seems that with catalyst 9.5 the problem is gone. Under openSUSE 11.1 (64bit) the X server starts up just fine without using "aticonfig --acpi-services=off". This also solves the problem with the HDMI output (hot-plug) recognition.

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by dgrafenhofer View Post
                It seems that with catalyst 9.5 the problem is gone. Under openSUSE 11.1 (64bit) the X server starts up just fine without using "aticonfig --acpi-services=off". This also solves the problem with the HDMI output (hot-plug) recognition.
                Great news, thanks

                Comment

                Working...
                X