Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catalyst 9.1 is out

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #41
    angus77, does your system use AGP or PCIE bus ?

    Comment


    • #42
      No go with 9.1 for me, Fedora 10 just boots to a black screen and no further.

      8.12 was working OK with just a minor change of:

      sudo ln -s /usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_dri.so /usr/lib/dri/fglrx_dri.so

      I've had to roll back to 8.12 until I get time to look into the Xorg logs in detail.

      Andrew

      Fedora 10, 2.6.27.9-159.fc10.x86_64, 8GB
      ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 (2GB)

      Comment


      • #43
        Guys I face a strange problem here with official 9.1 driver...
        My setup is an HD 3450 card with an asus motherboard containing RS 780 chip=HD 3200 Xserver 1.5.2 Xorg 7.4 64-bit.
        I was able to boot correctly and I have to mention that the wrong route the driver was seeking the fglrx_dri.so file for 64-bit systems is fixed in the new driver!(it now correctly searches at /usr/lib64/ and not /usr/lib/)
        Well happy from this fact I tried to use Hybrid Crossfire..
        Followed the instructions from aticonfig I typed:
        aticonfig --lscc
        It correctly showed me my 2 graphic processors
        0:HD 3450
        1:HD 3200 as slave

        OK I said and gave the command for creating a chain:
        aticonfig --cfa --adapters=0,1

        It said chain is created (should I have restarted X here??)
        Then I gave the command to start crossfire
        aticonfig --cf=on --adapters=0,1

        And said crossfire enabled I had to restart X (I didn't restarted X here too)
        Then I added my monitor resolutions via aticonfig again as I always did in the past:
        aticonfig --input=/etc/X11/xorg.conf --resolution=0,1152x864,1024x768,800x600,640x480

        Then I logged out in order to restart X and KDE 4.2 normally and the system never made it!!
        I pressed ctrl+alt+delete to reboot by hand
        Then when the system rebooted at the time for X to arrive it showed me the black screen but cursor never appeared!!
        I am at failsafe mode with radeonhd driver writing those lines and I also checked the previous Xorg.0.log for details.
        Guess what it stops at "CF ribbon cable is not connected trying software CF mode"
        And that's it!! At this line the log ends! What can I do?? Any help?
        Last edited by djdoo; 01-30-2009, 09:53 AM.

        Comment


        • #44
          Originally posted by eurodrew555 View Post
          No go with 9.1 for me, Fedora 10 just boots to a black screen and no further.

          8.12 was working OK with just a minor change of:

          sudo ln -s /usr/lib64/dri/fglrx_dri.so /usr/lib/dri/fglrx_dri.so

          I've had to roll back to 8.12 until I get time to look into the Xorg logs in detail.

          Andrew

          Fedora 10, 2.6.27.9-159.fc10.x86_64, 8GB
          ATI Radeon HD 4870 X2 (2GB)
          Thank you for your reply. I'm very disappointed with fglrx compatibility with non-Ubuntu distributions.

          Comment


          • #45
            I am confused here...
            Whenever I enable the cf chain I made for my adapters=0,1 with the command:

            aticonfig --cf=on --adapter=0

            I get the black screen of death!
            When I set this value to 'off' I get my system back!
            But the strange thing is that when I opened /etc/ati/amdpcsdb file with Kwrite app it writes these:
            HybridCrossFire=V1
            RowTilingDowngrade=V0
            BankSwapDowngrade=V0
            SampleSplitDowngrade=V0
            [AMDPCSROOT/SYSTEM/Crossfire/chain]
            NumChains=V1
            [AMDPCSROOT/SYSTEM/Crossfire/chain/0]
            Enable=V0
            Master=V512
            NumSlaves=V1
            Slaves=R28010000
            Anyone knows if Hybrid Crossfire is working now without having to add a cf chain somehow automatically or what the hell is going on here??

            Comment


            • #46
              Originally posted by NSLW View Post
              Thank you for your reply. I'm very disappointed with fglrx compatibility with non-Ubuntu distributions.
              Just to be clear, Fedora 10 is not a supported distribution for fglrx. We do work closely with the Fedora devs on the open source drivers, however.

              Comment


              • #47
                Originally posted by djdoo View Post
                I am confused here...
                Whenever I enable the cf chain I made for my adapters=0,1 with the command:

                aticonfig --cf=on --adapter=0

                I get the black screen of death!
                When I set this value to 'off' I get my system back!
                But the strange thing is that when I opened /etc/ati/amdpcsdb file with Kwrite app it writes these:


                Anyone knows if Hybrid Crossfire is working now without having to add a cf chain somehow automatically or what the hell is going on here??
                Did it the same way as you (Ubuntu 8.04.2, 64 bits version):

                aticonfig --lsa
                0 HD 3200 *
                1 HD 3450

                aticonfig --cfa --adapter=1,0 // as HD 3450 was listed as adapter 1
                aticonfig --cf=on adapter=1 // as HD 3450 was listed as adapter 1

                I didn't restart X in between.

                Worked fine. Though I made sure no monitor/screen sections were in the xorg.conf that were using the HD3200 (according to Xorg.conf).
                Last edited by Heiko; 01-30-2009, 11:46 AM.

                Comment


                • #48
                  still no F10/Xorg 1.5 support?

                  Comment


                  • #49
                    wtf? xserver 1.5 is supported since 8.12 or something like that.

                    Comment


                    • #50
                      I think the issue here is F10, not Xserver 1.5. We do not support Fedora with the fglrx driver although up-front work done for RHEL (which we do support) often helps Fedora as well.

                      On the other hand we do work closely with the Fedora developers on the open source drivers, and F10 does have pretty much the latest open source code available at the time it locked down.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X