Comparing AMD A4-5000 with Intel Celeron J1900

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparing AMD A4-5000 with Intel Celeron J1900

I was curious how efficient A4-5000 is as there is an interesting MSI 11.6" laptop with it. I've dug out a benchmark set from openbenchmarking and run a comparison benchmark against it: http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...PL-1407291SO35 - Celeron in general kicked it really hard (while in Bay Trail laptops there are similar CPUs running at higher clock speeds).

A4-5000 can handle 16 GB of 1600 MHz RAM, but it has single channel memory controller so probably thats why it sucks so much on memory related tests. J1900 can only run the RAM at 1333 MHz, but it has a dual channel RAM controller. I was also expecting the AMD GPU to be bit better than that severely cut Ivy Bridge in Celeron - however results show different results (maybe again due to memory?).

So it seems that Bay Trail has better performance, bit shame Braswell won't be out any time soon...

Originally posted by riklaunim View Post
    I was curious how efficient A4-5000 is as there is an interesting MSI 11.6" laptop with it. I've dug out a benchmark set from openbenchmarking and run a comparison benchmark against it: http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...PL-1407291SO35 - Celeron in general kicked it really hard (while in Bay Trail laptops there are similar CPUs running at higher clock speeds).

A4-5000 can handle 16 GB of 1600 MHz RAM, but it has single channel memory controller so probably thats why it sucks so much on memory related tests. J1900 can only run the RAM at 1333 MHz, but it has a dual channel RAM controller. I was also expecting the AMD GPU to be bit better than that severely cut Ivy Bridge in Celeron - however results show different results (maybe again due to memory?).

So it seems that Bay Trail has better performance, bit shame Braswell won't be out any time soon...
    Are you kidding? The AMD used Unity (the slowest Desktop on this planet) and the Intel used XFCE?!?

The AMD had 8GB RAM, the Intel had 16GB. Different Kernel Versions. Outdated GPU Drivers...

This benchmark is 100% absolutely useless...

Comment

Working...
    X