Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NVIDIA Tegra K1 Compared To AMD AM1 APUs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #21
    Michael why it says there 2 cores?

    http://www.phoronix.net/image.php?id...a_tk1_sys_show

    Comment


    • #22
      Originally posted by dungeon View Post
      Just depends if you're running it from an idle state afterwards in regards to its cpufreq driver for report core count.
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

      Comment


      • #23
        Aha OK .

        Too bad Am1 Athlon can't be overclocked more on linux ... Anyway i would like to see per clock comparation: Tegra K1 (lowered by 320MHz) vs J1900 (without burst) vs Athlon 5350 (lowered by 50Mhz)... let say all clocked at the same 2GHz and then do the benchmark with the same amount of the same clocked RAM .
        Last edited by dungeon; 05-06-2014, 12:34 AM.

        Comment


        • #24
          Originally posted by dungeon View Post
          Anyway i would like to see per clock comparation: Tegra K1 (lowered by 320MHz) vs J1900 (without burst) vs Athlon 5350 (lowered by 50Mhz)... let say all clocked at the same 2GHz and then do the benchmark with the same amount of the same clocked RAM .
          Just tried some tests, so when clocked similary then Athlon is better .

          http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...PL-ATHLON53550
          http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...PL-ATHLON53563

          So these results @2394MHz can be compared with TK1 clock and J1900 with burst .
          Last edited by dungeon; 05-06-2014, 04:03 AM.

          Comment


          • #25
            Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            Just tried some tests, so when clocked similary then Athlon is better .

            http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...PL-ATHLON53550
            http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...PL-ATHLON53563

            So these results @2394MHz can be compared with TK1 clock and J1900 with burst .
            Nah those two are singlethreaded tests Michael , i tought they are multithreaded .

            Comment


            • #26
              are you able to compare power consumption of the boards when doing similar tasks?

              Comment


              • #27
                Looking to those test numbers alone , i would prefer any time a AM1 5350...x86 code compatible, overall better CPU performance, more SATA or other I/O connectors, potential for APU upgrade, etc.

                Looking forward for Graphics and Power drain tests...

                Comment


                • #28
                  Basically very interesting comparison. Still it would need more real life tests, esp. since we compare an x86 to an ARM. Power consumptions would also be highly of interest. But then, well, I don't know about the prices of the NV-ARM board but as a devel board it ought to be somewhat pricy. Also the question is: how free is it? Binary blobs needed to run? Meh. Furthermore: On the x86 side you normally have a lot more periphery at hand. In some cases you don't need it, but in my view you can never have enough interfaces.

                  I hope to have spare time soon so I can finally get my hands on Kabini / AM1 and Mullins. They promise to make so cute little machines.

                  Comment


                  • #29
                    Originally posted by Adarion View Post
                    Basically very interesting comparison. Still it would need more real life tests, esp. since we compare an x86 to an ARM. Power consumptions would also be highly of interest. But then, well, I don't know about the prices of the NV-ARM board but as a devel board it ought to be somewhat pricy. Also the question is: how free is it? Binary blobs needed to run? Meh. Furthermore: On the x86 side you normally have a lot more periphery at hand. In some cases you don't need it, but in my view you can never have enough interfaces.

                    I hope to have spare time soon so I can finally get my hands on Kabini / AM1 and Mullins. They promise to make so cute little machines.
                    I am surprised how well my peripheries worked. I think we truly have reached the "internet of things". Check out the gallery:

                    https://plus.google.com/photos/+Mike...48638600471660

                    1) USB Mouse, Keyboard work immediately
                    2) Fat32, Ext4 formatted SD cards work
                    3) Logitech webcam works flawlessly
                    4) HP 8600 OfficeJet printer works flawlessly with HPLIP.
                    5) 1920x1080p monitor works flawlessly (upscaled to 2560x1440; this is an HDMI limitation).
                    6) Synology NAS works flawlessly
                    7) Multi-card reader ...
                    8) Everyman headphones ...?

                    The only peripheries I have yet to test are 7+8, and I will probably do that tonight. Many of these have moved to the web-services model, and therefore work independent of drivers. ARM NFS works like a champ with the NAS.

                    Almost all productivity software works just great, like Gimp, Inkscape, LibreOffice, etc. There are just a few omissions, and I still have to verify Oracle Java which I need for some other productivity apps (XMLAuthor, Webstorm). Gosh, I wish I had 16GB of dram and a larger boot disk (although I have a 32GB SDCard which I am putting to good use). I am still awaiting my CUDA toolkit from NVIDIA.

                    Don't be surprised if nVidia launches an arm-based steam machine for <$200 or so. You read it here first

                    Comment


                    • #30
                      Originally posted by deppman View Post
                      I am surprised how well my peripheries worked. I think we truly have reached the "internet of things". Check out the gallery:

                      https://plus.google.com/photos/+Mike...48638600471660

                      1) USB Mouse, Keyboard work immediately
                      2) Fat32, Ext4 formatted SD cards work
                      3) Logitech webcam works flawlessly
                      4) HP 8600 OfficeJet printer works flawlessly with HPLIP.
                      5) 1920x1080p monitor works flawlessly (upscaled to 2560x1440; this is an HDMI limitation).
                      6) Synology NAS works flawlessly
                      7) Multi-card reader ...
                      8) Everyman headphones ...?

                      The only peripheries I have yet to test are 7+8, and I will probably do that tonight. Many of these have moved to the web-services model, and therefore work independent of drivers. ARM NFS works like a champ with the NAS.

                      Almost all productivity software works just great, like Gimp, Inkscape, LibreOffice, etc. There are just a few omissions, and I still have to verify Oracle Java which I need for some other productivity apps (XMLAuthor, Webstorm). Gosh, I wish I had 16GB of dram and a larger boot disk (although I have a 32GB SDCard which I am putting to good use). I am still awaiting my CUDA toolkit from NVIDIA.

                      Don't be surprised if nVidia launches an arm-based steam machine for <$200 or so. You read it here first
                      How many games does steam have that have an ARM version?

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X