Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LLVM Picks Up Support For ARM's Cortex-A57

Phoronix: LLVM Picks Up Support For ARM's Cortex-A57

The LLVM compiler infrastructure has now received support for the Cortex-A57, ARM's highest-end 64-bit AArch64 processor...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTQ4NjI

Single-board computer

I would really love to see a ARM Cortex-A57 ARMv8 64-bit single-board computer.
    Something like Raspberry Pi, but way cooler!

Comment

I would really love to see a test comparing high-end ARM vs their Intel counterparts, like the ones found in some new Win8 tablets

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
        I would really love to see a ARM Cortex-A57 ARMv8 64-bit single-board computer.
        Something like Raspberry Pi, but way cooler!
        I'd expect two revisions from now or even the spring iPad to be the A57 quad set up.

Comment

iPad will use Apple's own custom cores, which Apple has been using since iPhone 5 and iPad 4.

Comment

Where are all the other OEM's and their ARMv8 chips? The fact that there hasn't been any announcement yet is starting to worry me. I hope they will do it at CS, at least.

Comment

Originally posted by andrei_me View Post
              I would really love to see a test comparing high-end ARM vs their Intel counterparts, like the ones found in some new Win8 tablets
              Definatly... like the Atom Z3770 (1.46-2.39GHz) Quad Core one vs a Quad Core A57 (Same/Similar speed), both with same ram amount (speeds might be different?)

Comparisons of performance vs watts (Atom is 2W, ARM less?) and performance vs cost of the CPU (Atom is $37)?

Dunno which ARM chip you would compare to exactly? Any A57 boards?

Comment

Working...
              X