Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GCC Compiler Tuning On The AMD A10-6800K APU

Phoronix: GCC Compiler Tuning On The AMD A10-6800K APU

For those curious about how the system performance is impacted by applying compiler optimizations to the AMD A10-6800K "Richland" APU, here's some benchmarks of GCC 4.8.1 on Ubuntu Linux...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM5OTg

I just love Gentoo...
    Actually, you sometimes notice that in some everyday computing also. On the other hand you have to compile once in a while but some packages are worth it. And compiling doesn't take so long with 4 cores like it used to in the days of a Duron 800 MHz.

Comment

Originally posted by Adarion View Post
      I just love Gentoo...
      Actually, you sometimes notice that in some everyday computing also. On the other hand you have to compile once in a while but some packages are worth it. And compiling doesn't take so long with 4 cores like it used to in the days of a Duron 800 MHz.
      Indeed. I'm just planning to put Gentoo on an AMD C-350 device soon, since what it's running right now (Mageia) isn't as speedy as I'd like. And with a dedicated distcc server that should be a breeze.

Comment

Where is -march=native? Why wouldn't you do tests with that?

Comment

was it O2 or O3?

Comment

Follow the link "rest of the results" at the bottom and you will see compiler flags for each individual benchmark. It appears that -O3 was in use for most (but not all) benchmarks.

Comment

Working...
            X