The Ideal (Hypothetical) Gaming Processor

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
    again FUD i use the english wikipedia to show you there is a difference between Logic and Rationality!
    because of this you can not use rational for logic!
    because its not the same!

also FUD... in german a noun is a noun like in english is a noun a noun you can't speak a noun like a adjectiv just because you are to stupid to know the noun version of the word!
    Go away, stop trolling.

Comment

• Originally posted by fackamato View Post
      Go away, stop trolling.
      defence yourself = trolling ?

your claim about "trolling" is trolling.

Comment

• In response to the OP's question:

In general, video games benefit and take advantage of high-bandwidth low-cache systems. If you take a look at the PS2 for example (and old console, yes, but relevant to this example) you'll find that it had a very small amount of onboard RAM and cache compared to other computing devices of it's day. Even today, if you look at the current consoles, they too had small amounts of RAM and cache even on the day of their initial release. I can't say much in regards to the benefits of increased FP performance on the CPU, but I do know that large amounts of cache are often times unnecessary in a gaming console.

This is a very old article, but worth a read if you're interested in console architectures: http://arstechnica.com/old/content/2000/04/ps2vspc.ars

Comment

Working...
        X