Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Linux Benchmarks Of AMD FX-8150 Bulldozer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #76
    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
    Again, nothing about those differences improve gaming. Disabled cores are just basically so they can push up the clock speed for applications that scale better with it (there are a ton of older legacy apps that respond better to raw core speed) while salvaging a CPU that has a bad module. The cache makes little difference if any in gaming as well and this can be seen comparing the Athlon x4's to the phenom x4's. (SSE units are the same as one unit in the 6204 is completely disabled.)
    most of the games are lagacy apps that respond better to raw core speed.
    also the 256bit ram interface speed up lagacy apps as well
    and doubling the cpu cache brings another 5% speed to Lagacy apps!

    and you are wrong about the SSE units because in an normal Opteron the core 0 can use the SSE units of core 1 if the AVX 256bit code is used.
    in the same way the full 256bit SSE unit is used in this cpu with the difference that the core1 is always disabled for the for the beneficial of the core 0!
    also the L2 cache of core 1 is used by core 0!

    Comment


    • #77
      Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
      most of the games are lagacy apps that respond better to raw core speed.
      also the 256bit ram interface speed up lagacy apps as well
      and doubling the cpu cache brings another 5% speed to Lagacy apps!

      and you are wrong about the SSE units because in an normal Opteron the core 0 can use the SSE units of core 1 if the AVX 256bit code is used.
      in the same way the full 256bit SSE unit is used in this cpu with the difference that the core1 is always disabled for the for the beneficial of the core 0!
      also the L2 cache of core 1 is used by core 0!
      Lol OK, you just keep thinking that, meanwhile pretty much everyone will run circles around your "gaming" opteron and have more cash in their pocket.

      Comment


      • #78
        Originally posted by deanjo View Post
        Lol OK, you just keep thinking that, meanwhile pretty much everyone will run circles around your "gaming" opteron and have more cash in their pocket.
        Do we talk about Religion ? Is the Tropic about the question is there a god or is there no god?

        Do we talk about Money? do i claim this is a poor man CPU?

        Really you do not Realize that a normal 16 core opteron with low MHZ do not male sense for games at all. Also you don't Realize that the normal Desktop Bulldozer 8core cpu makes no Sense for games compared to an Intel 2600K.

        You are Really blind at all. The Opteron 6204 is the Only Bulldozer Gaming CPU AMD do have if you compare it to an intel 2600K the only downside is: the high price and the lag of Integer speed. '

        Comment


        • #79
          Opteron 6204=AMD 4x4 Quat Father 2.0

          Comment


          • #80
            Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
            Opteron 6204=AMD 4x4 Quat Father 2.0
            And we know how the first amd 4x4 did, especially in gaming. But I did love the 12 Sata ports on that board.

            Comment


            • #81
              Originally posted by deanjo View Post
              And we know how the first amd 4x4 did, especially in gaming. But I did love the 12 Sata ports on that board.
              i know but it was a gaming cpu platform..

              Comment


              • #82
                Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                Is the Tropic about the question is there a god or is there no god?
                Isn't the tropic too hot to think about such things?

                Comment


                • #83
                  Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                  i know but it was a gaming cpu platform..
                  It was a failed platform period that was quickly slaughtered by mainstream consumer processors at 1/5th the price.

                  Comment


                  • #84
                    Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                    It was a failed platform period that was quickly slaughtered by mainstream consumer processors at 1/5th the price.
                    maybe the opteron 6204 is the same try ?

                    Comment


                    • #85
                      Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                      maybe the opteron 6204 is the same try ?
                      Not even close. If it was geared to gaming you can rest assured that they would be marketing it as such. It is simply a salvaged processor that they are trying to recover some cost on and gearing it to uses like a stand alone exchange or file server.

                      Comment


                      • #86
                        Originally posted by And43ersonD
                        Maybe they don't send out test samples to blogs.
                        they do it!...

                        Comment


                        • #87
                          Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                          Not even close. If it was geared to gaming you can rest assured that they would be marketing it as such. It is simply a salvaged processor that they are trying to recover some cost on and gearing it to uses like a stand alone exchange or file server.
                          your words makes no sense for me sorry.
                          if somebody is happy with an 4core system why not buy a 100 cpu? or the 200dollar cheaper 8 core opteron 6212?

                          this cpu really only makes senses for real-time application with limited multi-core support.

                          Like Games.

                          Comment


                          • #88
                            Hey deanjo, do you have the power to ban these spambots (And43ersonD and others, they all copy previous posts)?

                            Comment


                            • #89
                              Originally posted by curaga View Post
                              Hey deanjo, do you have the power to ban these spambots (And43ersonD and others, they all copy previous posts)?
                              Mike has to do that. I can only wipe out the posts.

                              Comment


                              • #90
                                Thanks for sharing the news of the First Linux Benchmarks Of AMD FX-8150 Bulldozer

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X