Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Linux Benchmarks Of AMD FX-8150 Bulldozer

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #61
    And where did you read that?

    Comment


    • #62
      Originally posted by Kano View Post
      And where did you read that?
      It was in a book that I read quite a few years ago that documented the development and marketing of the original XBoX.

      Comment


      • #63
        http://www.anandtech.com/show/853/2

        Comment


        • #64
          Originally posted by AnonymousCoward View Post
          Thanks man, I knew I wasn't going senile yet.

          Comment


          • #65
            Well that shows you that even at this time amd cpus got hotter than intel ones

            Comment


            • #66
              Originally posted by Michael View Post
              The Gentoo FX-8150 user posted new results from GCC 4.6.1 - http://openbenchmarking.org/result/1...GR-8150PBULL57
              Can anyone else figure out how you're supposed to use this site and compare against other machines? Or even better compare against the earlier gcc results?

              Comment


              • #67
                Dont feel bad I couldnt figure it out either... It's kinda sad when Linux hardware enthusiasts cant figure out how to use a web site. It just goes to show something about the web site.

                Comment


                • #68
                  I'm not sure Michael knows how to either otherwise we'd have seen a lot more graphs in the article

                  Comment


                  • #69
                    Why's there no "compare results" link on some of the other BD result pages? Are they somehow marked "secret" data?

                    Comment


                    • #70
                      Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      Well that shows you that even at this time amd cpus got hotter than intel ones
                      And then intel brought out the P4's... ;D

                      Comment


                      • #71
                        Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                        Can anyone else figure out how you're supposed to use this site and compare against other machines? Or even better compare against the earlier gcc results?
                        On the left side in the menu there is this list of tests and a "Search Results" textfield. You can click on one of the test and get no proper feedback and then click on the "Compare Results" text that just appeared but has no indication that it is clickable. However, the search field there didn't do anything reasonable for me.

                        Comment


                        • #72
                          @Michael

                          Please ask amd for an sample of a Gaming Opteron 6204+dualsocket mainboard

                          http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldo...GGUWOF%29.html

                          its a special gaming version of the bulldozer cpu..

                          4 cores 16mb cache 256bit ram interface per socket.

                          Comment


                          • #73
                            Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                            @Michael

                            Please ask amd for an sample of a Gaming Opteron 6204+dualsocket mainboard

                            http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldo...GGUWOF%29.html

                            its a special gaming version of the bulldozer cpu..

                            4 cores 16mb cache 256bit ram interface per socket.
                            Where do you get the twisted idea that the 6204 is a " gaming version "? Virtually none of it's features that it has over a regular bd applies to gaming.

                            Comment


                            • #74
                              Originally posted by deanjo View Post
                              Where do you get the twisted idea that the 6204 is a " gaming version "? Virtually none of it's features that it has over a regular bd applies to gaming.
                              its a gaming version because its a full 16core with 12cores disabled

                              its also a version with double L2 cache per core and Double SSE units per core compared with an bulldozer.

                              and it does have 4time more L3 cache per core than the normal Bulldozer.,

                              Comment


                              • #75
                                Originally posted by Qaridarium View Post
                                its a gaming version because its a full 16core with 12cores disabled

                                its also a version with double L2 cache per core and Double SSE units per core compared with an bulldozer.

                                and it does have 4time more L3 cache per core than the normal Bulldozer.,
                                Again, nothing about those differences improve gaming. Disabled cores are just basically so they can push up the clock speed for applications that scale better with it (there are a ton of older legacy apps that respond better to raw core speed) while salvaging a CPU that has a bad module. The cache makes little difference if any in gaming as well and this can be seen comparing the Athlon x4's to the phenom x4's. (SSE units are the same as one unit in the 6204 is completely disabled.). There is also the fact that workstation motherboards are poor and expensive choice for gaming boards (and limited in memory speed).
                                Last edited by deanjo; 10-18-2011, 01:08 AM.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X