AAEON EMB-BT1: A Linux-Friendly, Mini-ITX, Atom "Bay Trail" Board

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cost?

Can anyone recommend other boards that small with 2x Ethernet for home router/server?

Comment

Originally posted by sireangelus View Post
      the true shock is seeing kaveri outperform the i3 4130 in several tests- i would love to have a deeper look at is since i'm in the process of getting one of these exact 2 models.
      But kaveri and i3 4130 are different kind of beasts (just to point out in case i misunderstood something .). This is low power AM1 socket platform for kabini SoCs - max 25 W TDP design for socketed kabini and maybe later AMD low power SoCs .

Comment

Originally posted by bryceman View Post
        It sure would be nice to see the catalyst driver in the Kabini vs. Atom graphics comparison.
        I don't think that is good idea , but yeah Michael benchmarked E1-2100 with fglrx:

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...graphics&num=1

http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...fedora20&num=1

Comment

Originally posted by xnor View Post
          Cost?

Can anyone recommend other boards that small with 2x Ethernet for home router/server?
          http://www.aaeonusa.com/products/details/?item_id=1657
          http://www.aaeonusa.com/products/details/?item_id=1751

Both are low cost boards

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
            But kaveri and i3 4130 are different kind of beasts (just to point out in case i misunderstood something .). This is low power AM1 socket platform for kabini SoCs - max 25 W TDP design for socketed kabini and maybe later AMD low power SoCs .
            the point is that i'm surprised to see steamroller leave up so well to an i3 4130

Comment

Originally posted by MiKom View Post
              ditto

Also, Michael, since you are running ubuntu 14.04 could you post output of command
              Code:
              cryptsetup benchmar
              ?

I wonder what is encryption performance (handy with home NAS scenario) of this CPU since it's the first ATOM with AES-NI

Thanks.
              As far as I know, this CPU does support hardware AES hence should be very strong in SSL benchmarking. is there something wrong in configuration, Michael?

Comment

Hi, what chassis for a 2 x 3.5" HDD (standard but not slim) would you recommend ?
                I wan't to build a combined NAS & HTPC so the power consumption is the most important for me,

thank you
                Last edited by adrhc; 11-18-2014, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Is it possible to boot last version of ubuntu from a sata III hdd ? I mean, I noticed in board documentation that it requires a specific version of windows sp in order to boot windows from sata III so there might be some specific requirements to do the booting with ubuntu too ?

Comment

Originally posted by adrhc View Post
                    Is it possible to boot last version of ubuntu from a sata III hdd ? I mean, I noticed in board documentation that it requires a specific version of windows sp in order to boot windows from sata III so there might be some specific requirements to do the booting with ubuntu too ?

Yes you can run Ubuntu 14 without a problem on this board.

Comment

Thanks drozek but youre answer is really vague. What I'm interested in is how one can boot Ubuntu. Should I use a SD card for this or I can install it on a Sata III hdd then plug the hdd to the board and it will work. It's an important distinction for me.

PS: the fact that Ubuntu runs fine with the board it's already obvious from the review so nothing new here.

Comment

Working...
                      X