No announcement yet.

Intel Q965GFEKR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, if I got this correctly, do you type that command in a Terminal before launching a game? Or is that a compile flag?

Comment

"So, if I got this correctly, do you type that command in a Terminal before launching a game? Or is that a compile flag?"

It's a Mesa flag thing. It may only affect certain CVS drivers I don't know for sure what all it does and what it is for. All I know is I found it on a mailing list and it has a good effect because there was a bug in the drivers, or at least they said a 'regression'.

So say if your going to run Enemy Terroritory and the command to launch it is 'et', then you'd go:

-$ export INTEL_BATCH=1

-$ et

And that is it.

For my r300 card though it actually had a negative impact on performance.

See this bug report: https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=6814
      So it's probably not a good idea to use it for tablet PCs and such were you want to resize and rotate the display.
      Last edited by drag; 10-24-2006, 04:22 PM.

Comment

Oh, thanks for explaining that so clearly. I'm still a n00b at GNU/Linux, so it takes time for me to learn everything.

Comment

We now have a credible information regarding the PowerVR licensing on the GMA3000/X3000: http://www.intel.com/cd/ids/develope...680.htm?page=1

This sentence basically gives it all out: "The GMA X3000 architecture marks a departure from the zone rendering architecture"

Other ones like: "While this was very effective for older applications situations more recent games were not suitable for the zone rendering architecture."

It also has some juicy information not known before.

BTW, what happened to the Intel Linux forum page??

Comment

Working...
          X