HTC Is Buying Out S3 Graphics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
    No, MS sued HTC re Android IP. Stuff that HTC would have won on. HTC stupidly settled for $5 on every Android device they sell.
    No, you misuderstood me. I quoted that guy saying that M$ charges 15$ for their own OS (not for Android), implying they charge 5$ for Android obviously.

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
    No... HW makers pay google for "google experience" -- which is basically the inclusion of google market application.
    This is what I mean:
    The latest Google breaking news, comment, reviews and features from the experts at Tom's Guide

Comment

[QUOTE=werfu;217330]And Apple possibility to attack them for patents infrigments./QUOTE]

S3 Graphics are currently attacking Apple because of the S3TC patent and just yesterday a lawyer decided Apple is indeed injuring the patent and is guilty.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
        Afaik that's what M$ is charging for its OS - WP7, not for Android.
        Check this out: http://www.dailytech.com/Microsoft+W...ticle22079.htm

Crystal clear, I'd say.

Comment

Originally posted by bug77 View Post
          Check this out: http://www.dailytech.com/Microsoft+W...ticle22079.htm

Crystal clear, I'd say.
          Well, I think it's due to inflation

Seriously though, this increasingly looks like a legal robbery by a desperate corporation which is using its last and (probably) dirtiest trick. M$ is not only charging for Android, but also increasing the tax 300% - that's gross..
          Last edited by cl333r; 06 July 2011, 01:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
            HTC and Via have the same chairman Cher Wang so I doubt anything will actually change
            You're bang on. This is just the Chen family pumping money from a working company (HTC) into a pet project that is close to death (VIA)., giving it another year or few years of life, but without viable and competitive products, this is just putting off the inevitable.

Comment

Originally posted by cl333r View Post
              Well, I think it's due to inflation

Seriously though, this increasingly looks like a legal robbery by a desperate corporation which is using its last and (probably) dirtiest trick. M$ is not only charging for Android, but also increasing the tax 300% - that's gross..
              M$ is a corporation, it exists to make money. So it's really no surprise they're trying, but it is somewhat surprising HTC seems willing to play along.

One thing is sure: it's great to be a lawyer these days.

Comment

One thing is sure: it's great to be a lawyer these days.

and that proves how shitty the world we live in is

when i come to power i will kill lawyers and then HR people

Comment

M$ is a corporation, it exists to make money.
                  All companies have a set of values to guide their actions, and obviously Microsoft's values aren't all that ethic and fair. Just because all companies exist to make money, doesn't mean that all means are valid, because if it was like that there would only be drugs and prostitution "companies" :P

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                    All companies have a set of values to guide their actions, and obviously Microsoft's values aren't all that ethic and fair. Just because all companies exist to make money, doesn't mean that all means are valid, because if it was like that there would only be drugs and prostitution "companies" :P
                    If action X yields a net profit, a company will take it regardless of what values it may say it upholds.
                    E.g. company A makes planes and a flaw is discovered that takes a billion to fix. If statistically that flaw may cause about 5 crashes over the lifespan of the affected model and the company figures it may pay .4bn as damages and another .1bn to authorities not to force them to fix the problem, it will not fix the problem.
                    No company that I know of ever fired a high-ranking executive because of lack of ethics, without a prior public scandal. It's always a cost-effective measure rather than upholding ethics.
                    Of course, this is mostly human nature, not some company inherent evil.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
                      All companies have a set of values to guide their actions
                      Dude, wait, what?

Comment

Working...
                      X