Asus P5n-e Sli

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, all! I'm a noob in linux and this is my first post in this forum

I'm wondering if anyone have tried Abit Fatal1ty 650i SLI mobo under linux (any distro) ? I'm planning to get a c2d setup with an o/cable mobo. Looks like most intel 965p chipsets don't go well with linux (correct me if I'm wrong!).

Comment

Originally posted by davidletterboyz View Post
      Hi, all! I'm a noob in linux and this is my first post in this forum

I'm wondering if anyone have tried Abit Fatal1ty 650i SLI mobo under linux (any distro) ? I'm planning to get a c2d setup with an o/cable mobo. Looks like most intel 965p chipsets don't go well with linux (correct me if I'm wrong!).
      The Abit Fatal1ty should work fine as it uses the nForce 650i. Some 965 motherboards are notorious under Linux due to disk controller issues.
      Michael Larabel
      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        The Abit Fatal1ty should work fine as it uses the nForce 650i. Some 965 motherboards are notorious under Linux due to disk controller issues.
        Hi, thanks for replying. Really appreciate it.

Offtopic: Do u think Abit Fatal1ty F-I90HD with RX1250 built-in graphics is compatible? I was told that ATi chipset doesnt have good drivers with linux. Now I'm reading the article about ATi drivers...but that's for graphics card part. How about northbridge chipset?

Comment

Just a quick followup on the P5N-E board. It suffers from a non-standard DSDT. Its pretty easy to "fix" it; see this and this for some help on getting a proper DSDT compiled and installed.

G'luck.

Comment

Working...
          X