Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Msi 890gxm-g65

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #11
    Originally posted by avsa242 View Post
    Mine has this utility built in to the BIOS as well...it's just that MSI has decided to only make some (in my board's case, all, including the one I updated to last year) of the BIOS images available for download only via their Live Update program, which is Windows only.
    This is the newest BIOS for your motherborad (v4.1): ftp://217.110.237.70/fae_de/BIOS/7576_410.zip

    Comment


    • #12
      Wow, seriously. This is literary garbage. This article is the nail in the coffin for me. De-bookmarking phoronix, commence!

      Comment


      • #13
        I'm using one of these with a Phenom II 1090T x6 with 8Gigs of DDR3 running at 1600 as a home server. Just loaded up Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and everything is running fine. I liked it so much I built a PC for my brother with the same parts.

        Comment


        • #14
          Originally posted by cwadge View Post
          Wow, seriously. This is literary garbage. This article is the nail in the coffin for me. De-bookmarking phoronix, commence!
          So much for this regular customer.. oh wait

          Anyways, Michael do you also test how well the different motherboards handles spdif, either toslink or coax when its available?

          Comment


          • #15
            Originally posted by JDorfler View Post
            I'm using one of these with a Phenom II 1090T x6 with 8Gigs of DDR3 running at 1600 as a home server. Just loaded up Ubuntu 10.04 LTS and everything is running fine. I liked it so much I built a PC for my brother with the same parts.
            So how's the dreaded KMS (kernel modesetting) with this board? Does fast user switching work (between multiple simultaneous X sessions)? Thanks!

            Comment


            • #16
              Originally posted by d2kx View Post
              This is the newest BIOS for your motherborad (v4.1): ftp://217.110.237.70/fae_de/BIOS/7576_410.zip
              Way to make me feel like a nitwit Just kidding...but thanks for that.

              Cheers,
              Jesse

              Comment

              Working...
              X