Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jetway NC96 NC96-510-LF

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Jetway NC96 NC96-510-LF

    Phoronix: Jetway NC96 NC96-510-LF

    Late last year we reviewed the Jetway NC92 Atom IPC motherboard that was a nice Mini ITX board with an Intel Atom N230 processor. A few weeks after that, at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas, the new Pineview processors were shown off. The Atom N400 and D510 Pineview CPUs are only a moderate upgrade from the very common Diamondville Atoms, but the newer Atoms are beginning to work their way into more nettops and netbooks. Jetway is one of the vendors that was quick to design a new IPC motherboard that bears the Intel Atom D510 dual-core processor with Intel GMA 3150 graphics and the NM10 Express Chipset.

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=14657

  • #2
    Funny that the article mentions Intel backing up Moblin since the project is no more. I would have taught that a Linux news reporter would have noticed that small announcement from the Linux Foundation...

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by Rovanion View Post
      Funny that the article mentions Intel backing up Moblin since the project is no more. I would have taught that a Linux news reporter would have noticed that small announcement from the Linux Foundation...
      The quote is This though is not incredibly surprising considering the plethora of devices out there using Atom hardware and with a great number of them running Linux, especially as Intel continues to back Moblin / MeeGo.

      Intel still backs Meego (http://meego.com/about/governance). Most people don't know Meego yet, but do no Moblin. The quote above (which I believe you commented on) appears to be just a bridging mechanism.

      What's your concern?

      Comment


      • #4
        Oh ignore me.
        I'm just a troll who miserably fails to read an article.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by Rovanion View Post
          Oh ignore me.
          I'm just a troll who miserably fails to read an article.
          No problems... Trolls are fun... You can play with and tease them and then quote them out of context . (Look for other threads I am active on .

          Comment


          • #6
            Two sata ports still? To bad because it severely cripples the potential applications of a promising platform.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by mtippett View Post
              No problems... Trolls are fun... You can play with and tease them and then quote them out of context . (Look for other threads I am active on .
              To explain my trolling I could mention that when I read the article it did not say Moblin/MeeGo, just Moblin. I have no clue whether this was actually the case or if my eyes failed. Anyhow, trolling ain't that fun, atleast that's my impression now that I've tried.

              Comment


              • #8
                Yah, the article was edited. I read moblin only too on the first time.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by curaga View Post
                  Yah, the article was edited. I read moblin only too on the first time.
                  I guess the troll got trolled then.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Rovanion View Post
                    I guess the troll got trolled then.
                    I guess it would symmetric to allow edits to forum posts associated with articles that were modified .

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X