Amd Hd 3850 Agp

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by abracat View Post
    I just got my 3850 card (AGP) working with the guide from http://wiki.cchtml.com/index.php/Ubu...allation_Guide and the 8.5 driver. Even a skilled monkey could do this... Now if only I had an Island like in the good ol days. anyway in the past and with "Envy" I newer got it to work... 3d but no accel I always use PPracer as real world test software.
    Where you able to get it working with anything newer than 8.5? I've tried and failed. I'm convinced this card will never work with anything but this one driver!

Comment

Originally posted by dokers View Post
      Where you able to get it working with anything newer than 8.5? I've tried and failed. I'm convinced this card will never work with anything but this one driver!
      I haven't tried... The main question is why the wouldn't work though. the guide is really great. for people on low-range machine I only got 1.5 GB of ram the main issue seems to be AGP-detection since your AGP card typicly comes close to a PCI card with an AGP port. I would strongly recommmend turning composite and AIGXL off since i don't need 3d-glitter I only need 3d-games to run/accel. And my succes with 3d-glitter has been very limited.

If any one got succes experience with a later driver or with radeonhd xorg beta (mesa 7.1) and 3d for games I would be a happy camper / but I guess that one is even more tricky

Comment

My 3850 AGP works OK with 8.6 and 8.7 - I haven't got a clue what's breaking for you.

I am running 32 bit LFS using xorg 7.2 kernel 2.6.24.2.

Comment

Hi,

I recently installed my AGP HD3850 on SuSE 10.2 using the update catalyst version 8.10.

In summary I can state:
          I have NEVER EVER EVER experienced such a simple grafics card installation with linux. I followed precisely AMD's install instruction, 15 min later and everything worked great, including 3D Games / OpenGL apps etc...

Comment

Working...
          X