13-Way Low-End GPU Comparison With AMD's AM1 Athlon

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curaga View Post
    You sure it's useful? The 10mb eDRAM of xbox 360 and 32mb eSRAM of Xbox One are not useful enough according to several devs of those platforms.
    The 10MB is only big enough to do tricks to the framebuffer. 64-128MB would be large enough to have part of the level in that buffer. Single Channel DDR3 1600 is 12GB/s. Xbone has 68,3GB/s and PS4 176GB/s. So even the Xbone has 6x more memory bandwidth than these athlons.

Comment

Look like I did miss it. Thanks for the reference.

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
        You sure it's useful? The 10mb eDRAM of xbox 360 and 32mb eSRAM of Xbox One are not useful enough according to several devs of those platforms.
        The devs don't say it's useless, they say it isn't enough. I'm pretty sure they've said the 32mb on the xbox one needs to be more like 48mb to get good 1080p performance, which is why so many of the games there are rendered at 720p or 900p and then scaled up afterwards.

Comment

PCIe with AM1H-ITX

On the AM1H-ITX motherboard there is also a DC connector...
          http://www.asrock.com/mb/AMD/AM1H-IT...Specifications

..I'm not sure if it is possible to plug a GPU on the PCIe socket while powering the system with a 19V adapter instead of a dedicated PSU. On the specs (url above), it says in the "slots" section:

- 1 x PCI Express 2.0 x16 Slot (PCIE1 @ x4 mode)
          - 1 x mini-PCI Express Slot

*Due to the power limitation and PCIe bandwidth (x4), the VGA card is not supported.

..where is the mini-PCI Express Slot?
          ..what does VGA card is not supported exactly mean?

Comment

Zostac has pcie 1x NVIDIA gt610 that conforms to power limits of that pcie so that ought to work. Thin mini itx has a specs limit on power it can provide via it PCIe slot and that limits using any stronger GPU.

Comment

Only one PCIe slot

Originally posted by riklaunim View Post
              Zostac has pcie 1x NVIDIA gt610 that conforms to power limits of that pcie so that ought to work. Thin mini itx has a specs limit on power it can provide via it PCIe slot and that limits using any stronger GPU.
              Ok, but in the pics (use the link in my previous post), I only see a PCI Express 2.0 x16 Slot. There's no any other PCIe slots..

I think its like this in the Micro-ITX version, but this is the Mini-ITX. Could that be a mistake in the specs on their website?
              Last edited by gagaboul; 04-24-2014, 12:52 AM. Reason: More details

Comment

It had a power jack just like thin mini itx. Thats probably means that the board cant provide a lot of power to pcie. 200-400W power brick isnt something common

Comment

Working...
                X