Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A 40-Way Gallium3D Graphics Card Comparison

Phoronix: A 40-Way Gallium3D Graphics Card Comparison

If you're not following me on Twitter, you're missing out on news and some very interesting photos that were posted this weekend. No, it's not of the latest beer, but of a feast of graphics cards. A 40-way comparison of NVIDIA/AMD graphics cards on Linux with the open-source Mesa/Gallium3D drivers versus their proprietary brethren is being carried out for publishing in September...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Can't wait for your cool stuff!

I think your tests are very important for linux graphics world right now, when opensource drivers get many new cool features.

Comment

Not that there's anything wrong with beer...
      Test signature

Comment

I can't lend my nvidia card to extend the test to older hardware generations... my XFX GeForce FX 5200 has just died.

Comment

Which cards are going to be tested?

@phoronix
          I'm especially curious to know if you have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti and a ATI Radeon HD 5850. Are you also going to test OpenCL performance?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by kugeleck View Post
            @phoronix
            I'm especially curious to know if you have a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti and a ATI Radeon HD 5850. Are you also going to test OpenCL performance?

Thanks
            Graphics cards: http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?pag...aphics%20Cards

OpenCL, probably not since it doesn't work with open-source drivers.
            Michael Larabel
            https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

That's amazing - I hope it'll help me in deciding which nVidia desktop card to go with next (I'd like it to be super beefy, such that unigine heaven scores 60fps, at least)

Comment

Hey Michael, what's up with the Berlin crest flag on the photos? :-]

Comment

Originally posted by malte View Post
                  Oh yeah, theres a little bear on the wall

Comment

Originally posted by malte View Post
                    I have the flags of Berlin, Bayern, and Norway hanging in my home.
                    Michael Larabel
                    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X