Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lucid Hydra Is Still Useless On Linux

Phoronix: Lucid Hydra Is Still Useless On Linux

For anyone wondering whether the Hydra and other products from LucidLogix yet work under Linux, they do not...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Lucid Hydra Is Still Useless On Linux

For anyone wondering whether the Hydra and other products from LucidLogix yet work under Linux, they do not...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=OTIxOQ
    From the reviews I've read, it's not that useful on windows either, and far too unstable to be used daily.

Comment

What?? A hardware vendor not supporting linux?? That's outrageous!!!
      </sarcasm>

I remember seeing a few reviews when Hydra came out and it had terrible performance. Oh, and it cost a lot too.

Comment

Speaking of hardware that no one talks about, Intel HyperMemory still isn't supported in Linux either, that I know of.

Comment

Originally posted by Wyatt View Post
          Speaking of hardware that no one talks about, Intel HyperMemory still isn't supported in Linux either, that I know of.
          Don't you mean AMD (former ATI) HyperMemory?

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
            No, I mean Intel TurboMemory. Mixed up my pointless superlative jargon.

Comment

Originally posted by devius View Post
              ATI/AMD hypermemory is just a marketing term for GART memory and it has been supported in the open source drivers since they were written.

Comment

Working...
              X