Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 On Linux

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi.

Thanks for the review of the card. It went straight into the shopping basket

However I wanted to do the test myself on my current setup so I downloaded the phoronix-test-suite and ran as suggested on page nine of the test: ./phoronix-test-suite benchmark 1102134-IV-SENSORS4225

Since I'm new to this I have probably missed something, but no tests were run. Below is the output of the try

Code:
    jpe@ubuntu:~/Hämtningar/phoronix-test-suite$ ./phoronix-test-suite benchmark 1102134-IV-SENSORS4225

Phoronix Test Suite v3.0.0

To Install: pts/unigine-heaven-1.2.0
        To Install:

Determining File Requirements ..........................................
        Searching Download Caches ..............................................

2 Tests To Install
            1 File To Download [232.24MB]
            260MB Of Disk Space Is Needed

pts/unigine-heaven-1.2.0:
            Test Installation 1 of 2
            1 File Needed [232.24 MB]
            Downloading: Unigine_Heaven-2.1.run                       [232.24MB]
            Downloading ........................................................
            Installation Size: 260 MB
            Installing Test @ 21:31:02

:
            Test Installation 2 of 2
                No installation script found.

The test executable for pts/unigine-heaven-1.2.0 could not be located.
    Any hints to what I need to do in order to get this to work?

Comment

Update on oss drivers for HD6870?

Hi,
      I've been thinking of buying a HD6870. Could anyone give an update on how oss drivers work atm? I use linux(gentoo+gnome) on daily activities(browsing,videos etc) but gaming is mainly on windows 7 so 3d is not that essential on linux. I mainly care that gnome(and usual programs) works just fine with compositing (using metacity's compositor ).

Comment

Working...
      X