Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the new 6970 is handmaded :

http://www.gamestar.de/hardware/news...n_hd_6900.html

Ya, I chuckled when I read about that. Some heatsink engineer somewhere was asleep at the wheel when he designed the cooling solution.

Comment

Well, I guess at least it won't burn like some nVidia 9xxx series cards did in the past...

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by evolution View Post
        Well, I guess at least it won't burn like some nVidia 9xxx series cards did in the past...
        Na it will just do a direct short to the HSF instead on some since chances of all the heatsinks lining up exactly the same and the hand grinding being done by individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by deanjo View Post
          Na it will just do a direct short to the HSF instead on some since chances of all the heatsinks lining up exactly the same and the hand grinding being done by individuals.
          I just hope these cards aren't being "handmade" by children in China (Either RoC or PRC)... (not kidding, really!)

Cheers

Comment

Originally posted by evolution View Post
            I just hope these cards aren't being "handmade" by children in China (Either RoC or PRC)... (not kidding, really!)

Cheers
            Probably using Santa's slave elf labor.

Comment

The article (once translated) talks about being hand made and filed. The picture shown does NOT support this. The picture shows that a corner of the power plug was MELTED, most likely a result of the soldering apparatus not being lifted sufficiently when the card is rolled out and subsequently impacting against it.

Comment

Working...
              X