Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• onboard dual-DVI GPU?

Hi,

I'm looking for a mobo with an integrated GPU, but so far I haven't found any with two usable DVI outputs. There are some with a radeon HD4xxx with DVI+HDMI+VGA, but some googling suggest that even those can only output one digital signal at the same time.
    Does anyone know more?

Precisely, I'm looking for a mobo with these features:
    • Socket AM3
    • onboard AMD/ATI GPU
    • Two digital outputs (DVI, HDMI or even DP, if a passive adapter to DVI works) that can be used at the same time
    • no active fan
    • Form factor doesn't matter, case will be bought accordingly

Thanks for your help.

Originally posted by rohcQaH View Post
    Hi,

I'm looking for a mobo with an integrated GPU, but so far I haven't found any with two usable DVI outputs. There are some with a radeon HD4xxx with DVI+HDMI+VGA, but some googling suggest that even those can only output one digital signal at the same time.
    Does anyone know more?

Precisely, I'm looking for a mobo with these features:
    • Socket AM3
    • onboard AMD/ATI GPU
    • Two digital outputs (DVI, HDMI or even DP, if a passive adapter to DVI works) that can be used at the same time
    • no active fan
    • Form factor doesn't matter, case will be bought accordingly

Thanks for your help.
    I faced the exact same problem, and found exactly ONE solution; http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=24480

The solution is to pick a board with DVI + DisplayPort and use a passive DP->DVI adapter.

You will note that I was able to find precisely ONE mainboard that met the requirements that you outline, the ECS A890GXM-A, however, it isn't PERFECT since the DP plug is WIRED WRONG, which means that there is no functioning DDC, which means that you need to hack the kernel slightly in order to make it work. All the hacks required are within that thread.

Comment

There are two required hacks;

1) That there is something connected when it can't detect it, that would be the radeon_connectors.c hack http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showp...&postcount=103

2) The appropriate native mode for the panel: http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showp...&postcount=105
      *note: this can be abbreviated by using the drm_cvt_mode() function now that it has been fixed.

Note: no way no hell you'll ever get it working with blob or windonkey drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by droidhacker View Post
        Note: no way no hell you'll ever get it working with blob or windonkey drivers.
        aww, no go then, I'm afraid it'll have to run windows.

This link claims it works..ish on windows, if you manually force modes in CCC (which can only be done for HDTV modes)
        Tägliche IT-News, Testberichte über Grafikkarten, Prozessoren, Notebooks, Smartphones und anderen Komponenten rund um PC-Hardware für Profis und Gamer.

DVI + DVI-Adapter (DP) = PASSED!
        But I won't try my luck with broken hardware. Thanks for your time, it'll be a discrete GPU then.

Comment

There exists a variant of this mobo on the market, the A890GXM-AU. Maybe you can ask ECS if that is wrongly wired too.

Comment

Originally posted by chithanh View Post
            There exists a variant of this mobo on the market, the A890GXM-AU. Maybe you can ask ECS if that is wrongly wired too.
            AU is absolutely identical in every way to A. The AU includes a PCIe USB3 expansion card with it in the box.

Comment

Working...
            X