Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NZXT Tempest

Phoronix: NZXT Tempest

It's been a while since last reviewing a computer chassis from NZXT (November 2006 with the NZXT Zero), but today we have our hands on NZXT's newest chassis, the Tempest. NZXT describes this mid-tower steel chassis as being the "airflow king" with four 120mm fans and two 140mm fans, in addition to being ready for a dual radiator setup for water-cooling. NZXT has also taken this case a step further by accommodating eight hard drive mounts and room for an extended ATX motherboard, all inside this case that measures in at 211 x 512 x 562 mm. We first viewed the Tempest back at CES 2008, and in this review we'll tell you what we think of this newest NZXT creation.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=12342

As soon as I got a peek at the case in the review, I turned my head to the right. There sits my own computer, housed in an Antec 900 case. And NZXT's is a blatant rip off of it.

From reading the review and my experiences with my own 900, not only have NZXT done their blatant rip off a year late, but they've also done it much worse. Congratulations NZXT, may you revel in crapulence forever.

Comment

Originally posted by CoarseSand View Post
      As soon as I got a peek at the case in the review, I turned my head to the right. There sits my own computer, housed in an Antec 900 case. And NZXT's is a blatant rip off of it.

From reading the review and my experiences with my own 900, not only have NZXT done their blatant rip off a year late, but they've also done it much worse. Congratulations NZXT, may you revel in crapulence forever.
      I thought the NXZT Tempest looked like the Nine Hundred as well. However, I don't fault NXZT for trying to mimic the Nine Hundred as the Nine Hundred is a very nice case and is supposedly being discontinued in favor of the Twelve Hundred. They seemed to do an okay job considering the case was half the price of a Nine Hundred.

Comment

Working...
      X