Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Linux Utilities Come For USB Logitech Devices

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • More Linux Utilities Come For USB Logitech Devices

    Phoronix: More Linux Utilities Come For USB Logitech Devices

    It's been a while since last reporting any improved to Logitech device support on Linux or any other USB gaming mice/keyboards for Linux. However, a Phoronix reader has written in with some news...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTM2MDE

  • #2
    Good news.
    But I recommend not to buy products from Logitech or any other brand that does not officially support GNU/Linux.

    Comment


    • #3
      Kudos to developers!

      Although I boycott Logitech input devices due to absence of any support for their universal dongle. This was outright stupid move by Logitech. I recommend Roccat and Revoltec over Logitech input devices anyday.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by YAFU View Post
        Good news.
        But I recommend not to buy products from Logitech or any other brand that does not officially support GNU/Linux.
        sooo how is it, owning only a Neo Freerunner?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by brosis View Post
          Kudos to developers!

          Although I boycott Logitech input devices due to absence of any support for their universal dongle. This was outright stupid move by Logitech. I recommend Roccat and Revoltec over Logitech input devices anyday.
          Hmm, I never looked at Roccat before, but it seems that they are the German equivalent of Razer. That's interesting. Too bad that they don't have official support (or even mention) of Linux in the product pages, but at least they seem to be cooperative otherwise.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            Hmm, I never looked at Roccat before, but it seems that they are the German equivalent of Razer. That's interesting. Too bad that they don't have official support (or even mention) of Linux in the product pages, but at least they seem to be cooperative otherwise.
            Remember though that roccat has mainlined drivers for their mice.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by oliver View Post
              Remember though that roccat has mainlined drivers for their mice.
              Which makes me wonder, does anything on Linux actually use the TalkFX thing and such?

              Comment


              • #8
                I never did care for any of the Logitech Unifying devices I tried out to begin with. The various keyboards and mice that I picked up would always suffer from intense signal loss, even with fully-charged batteries and even with the devices closely in range with the receiver.

                Comment


                • #9
                  This is great news! Been waiting for a while for better Linux support using Logitech devices. Finally I will be able to view battery/solar charge for my K750 keyboard, one of the most responsive keyboards I've ever used. Should be able to change the FN keys too, such a benefit! Hopefully some tweaks for the G9/G9x and more generic mice will be available as well. Perhaps the developer, Peter Woo, deserves a small donation to keep him motivated. Very happy!!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Detructor View Post
                    sooo how is it, owning only a Neo Freerunner?
                    No, a ThinkPenguin:
                    https://www.thinkpenguin.com/gnu-lin...-optical-mouse


                    Well, when someone says something like what I said, you expect someone related to Logitech read and say: Look at this, they are speaking bad about us, perhaps we should start to be interested in GNU/Linux.
                    Many companies do not officially support GNU/Linux, but at least collaborate with OpenSource drivers developers. I think Logitech deserves a big Linus Torvalds fuc*you...
                    (sorry for my English)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by YAFU View Post
                      Good news.
                      But I recommend not to buy products from Logitech or any other brand that does not officially support GNU/Linux.
                      Same here. Logitech products are also overpriced for the build/component quality.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        In most stores around here, you go buy a mouse or keyboard, you'll have exactly two choices: Logitech or Microsoft. So I guess this is good news...

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bucic View Post
                          Same here. Logitech products are also overpriced for the build/component quality.
                          That I have to agree. Yesterday I was out shopping for a replacement keyboard + mouse after having accidentally dumped a whole pitcher of water over my existing hardware and spent some time comparing between a Logitech wireless combo package and a Microsoft wireless combo package. (it did not kill the keyboard but I just wanted to have an excuse to get a new keyboard...)

                          The Microsoft set had a bigger keyboard with higher keys that provided much better 'squishiness' than the Logitech and its mouse was both larger and had a higher curvature than the tiny mouse offered by the Logitech package. And the Microsoft set cost only about $4 - 5 more than the Logitech set. Twas a no brainer; picked the Microsoft set without any further hesitation.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                            picked the Microsoft set without any further hesitation.
                            I would never buy anything from Microsoft. Supporting a company ran by the modern equivalent of nazis is not something my conscience could abide with. But I guess some people just aren't very ethical...

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by dee. View Post
                              I would never buy anything from Microsoft. Supporting a company ran by the modern equivalent of nazis is not something my conscience could abide with. But I guess some people just aren't very ethical...
                              Spare me your moral high ground. If you are so ethical and upright, throw away all your electronic devices because all of them are using patent encumbered technology in some way and most of them are made in China by workers who live below poverty level and get paid peanuts. Go live the life of a hermit in the mountains in isolation with nothing but the clothes on your back and no electricitry. I dare you.

                              If Microsoft are nazis than you are a terrorist and everyone's public enemy no.1.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X