Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Video Demo From Last Week

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Another Video Demo From Last Week

    Phoronix: Another Video Demo From Last Week

    Here's a preview of another Linux demo that happened last week out in Bellevue...

    http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTA5NDU

  • #2
    Looks like a web browser, so... Microsoft is releasing Internet Explorer for Linux!

    If anyone else wanna take a guess, here's a list of possible companies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ue,_Washington

    Comment


    • #3
      for some reason the music reminded me of this




      Comment


      • #4
        Wow that forum sucks, what kind of noobz go there?

        Comment


        • #5
          Re

          Originally posted by johanar View Post
          Looks like a web browser, so... Microsoft is releasing Internet Explorer for Linux!

          If anyone else wanna take a guess, here's a list of possible companies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ue,_Washington
          If you look in the right-top corner you can see "Know your rights..." so it's Firefox.

          Btw, that's the point of the video, to generate views->money(not for the youtube video...).

          Comment


          • #6
            It's with intention that I just hastily recorded the L4D2 Linux demo at Valve from an iPhone 4S.)
            Thanks to this advertisement I'll never buy an icrap. :P Android rocks.

            Comment


            • #7
              I don't think they're based in Washington, but I just got an email this morning from Codeweavers pre-announcing their new browser product... "By mating Wine support for ActiveX controls with a new browser, users will be able to navigate to pages that were previously only accessible using IE. " Maybe it's a forked Firefox with IE Tab under Linux... but I didn't see anything ActiveX-specific in there.

              Comment


              • #8
                I just happened to be out in Bellevue when another interesting Linux hardware project was being prepared by another firm.
                I guess that means its not a browser.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Talk about maximizing ads revenue...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    My guess is it has more to do with the console output on the left than the arsing about on the right

                    Also it just goes to show that no matter how good the camera is a poor operator will always get poor results

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by FireBurn View Post
                      Also it just goes to show that no matter how good the camera is a poor operator will always get poor results
                      Huh? One was recorded with my iPhone 4S while the other was recorded with my Nikon D5000 in live HD video mode on top of a tripod... I also had a Flip HD on me.
                      Michael Larabel
                      http://www.michaellarabel.com/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Nice to see it's not just me who gets much longer loading times on phoronix when not browsing with adblock. I wouldn't care much about the ads, except they are very intrusive AND are slowing the site down very noticeable.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
                          Nice to see it's not just me who gets much longer loading times on phoronix when not browsing with adblock. I wouldn't care much about the ads, except they are very intrusive AND are slowing the site down very noticeable.
                          Yeah I don't mind just text-based ads, which I think AdBlock Plus currently allows by default. But they can get pretty annoying here.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ChrisXY View Post
                            Nice to see it's not just me who gets much longer loading times on phoronix when not browsing with adblock. I wouldn't care much about the ads, except they are very intrusive AND are slowing the site down very noticeable.
                            Well, for me the ads occasionally crash flash, which leads to the entire browser crashing Doesn't happen a lot, but most of the time on Phoronix

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            X