Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dell P2210H DisplayPort Monitor

Phoronix: Dell P2210H DisplayPort Monitor

If you've been looking for a DisplayPort-capable monitor to connect to your new graphics card whether it be a FirePro V8800 or one of the new ATI Radeon HD 5000 series graphics cards that are capable of using Eyefinity to drive many displays via this newest display connection standard, the Dell Professional P2210H monitor is worth considering. The 22-inch LCD display retails for around $200 USD and offers DisplayPort connectivity along with DVI and VGA.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

looking forward to the promised article about DP support. I hope you've tested a triple-screen Eyefinity setup, too.

Comment

Kinda annoying its taking this long for cheaper displayport monitors to come out. Really it should have come out sooner and it should be the same price.

Comment

Ugh. Judging by these pictures TN is still not the way to go.

Comment

Why, what do you see in that picture that hints at TN's inferiority?
          I'm using a dual screen setup with an IPS panel and a TN panel, and I consider both pretty usable. The TN's black isn't quite as black and the colours are somewhat off on the TN panel if I decide to lie flat on the floor, but other than that?

Comment

Well, look at the picture. Here's a large version:

The whole left side of it is grayish. This is not how the Ubuntu desktop background looks. It's supposed to be purple/aubergine. And this was not some photo taken from an extreme angle.

Comment

I think most monitors do that when you hit 'em straight with a camera flash.

When I display two #000000 pictures on my monitors, I can see a slight difference in the actual color. But from looking at it, I'd call both colours "black".

Comment

Yes some of it could be attributed to image taking conditions. But still TN's bad rep. isn't based on nothing. I'm using a monitor with S-PVA panel myself, and I find the black crush which is inherent to the technology a very annoying aspect. Unfortunately I wasn't aware of that when I bought the monitor.

Though I've never owned a monitor with TN panel, I've used them in many places and I've always found the color representation and viewing angles awful. I was hoping that the technology would have gotten better over the years. But it appears not.

It's very tempting to buy a TN panel with these ridiculous low prices nowadays, but I'd rather shell out the extra cash for a monitor with IPS panel, than be annoyed with the shortcoming inherent to the TN technology. But that's just me, I'm very picky about these things. For other people TN might be just fine.

Comment

I bought a NEC multisync EA231WMi with displayport. It also supports audio over displayport (nice), has usb ports build in speakers (which obviously aren't that awesome), but it's colors are absolutely fantastic.

I recommend it.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                    Phoronix: Dell P2210H DisplayPort Monitor

If you've been looking for a DisplayPort-capable monitor to connect to your new graphics card whether it be a FirePro V8800 or one of the new ATI Radeon HD 5000 series graphics cards that are capable of using Eyefinity to drive many displays via this newest display connection standard, the Dell Professional P2210H monitor is worth considering. The 22-inch LCD display retails for around $200 USD and offers DisplayPort connectivity along with DVI and VGA.

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=14930
                    Hi,

I just bought 3 displayport monitors, from dell as well:
                    Dell provides technology solutions, services & support. Buy Laptops, Touch Screen PCs, Desktops, Servers, Storage, Monitors, Gaming & Accessories

and I'm desperately looking for 2 dp 1.2 monitor cables so I can daisy chain the three monitors together, but I can't find them anywhere, every dp cable I've found has been v1.1, which doesn't support daisy chaining. Did you look for, and find any dp cables v1.2?

Thanks!

Mark

Comment

Working...
                    X