No announcement yet.

Radeon HD4330 vs GeForce G210M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As brigdman has said more than once, Ati has changed their plans and they are working to support XVBA on consumer hardware. You know that, yet you conveniently ignore this piece of information just for an opportunity to bash Ati.

I don't know when you devolved into a troll, but that's what you are doing here.

Comment

Choose Nvidia for oficial drivers and VDPAU(vdpau works very well and support SD and HD codecs.

I wait for XVBA since september 2008 for my HD4670. You should choose Nvidia. I'm very tired of wait all my life.
      Last edited by TASADAR-F; 16 January 2010, 06:59 PM.

Comment

@BlackStar

I provided lots of test files with broken decode using XvBA and guess what: none of it works yet correctly. That was several month ago and still nothing happend. 9-12 hotfix resolved the full system crash with one file, wow, but it still only shows crap. When you "support" something then it must get fixes when it does not work as it should and that's not the case.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          @BlackStar

I provided lots of test files with broken decode using XvBA and guess what: none of it works yet correctly. That was several month ago and still nothing happend. 9-12 hotfix resolved the full system crash with one file, wow, but it still only shows crap. When you "support" something then it must get fixes when it does not work as it should and that's not the case.
          Again it works ok for me. And again xvba is just starting to work for some of us and isn't even 'released'. Don't you remember all the bugs related to vdpau in its early days?

Well something we can agree, is we knew about xvba sooner than good is (before any developers even actively developed any xvba backend for the desktop). But I don't think xvba will stay inmature

Comment

Originally posted by tball View Post
            Again it works ok for me. And again xvba is just starting to work for some of us and isn't even 'released'. Don't you remember all the bugs related to vdpau in its early days?

Well something we can agree, is we knew about xvba sooner than good is (before any developers even actively developed any xvba backend for the desktop). But I don't think xvba will stay inmature
            It took about 3 months for it to be in a very good usable state. It's initial release however was already at a far more usable state then xvba currently is. Introduced mid November and by February it was pretty much working as it should.

Comment

I'm not sure why this needs three pages, it's a no-brainer.

Ignore nVidia completely. You have no use for it since you're dual-booting with Windows 7 already so you can do all your blob driver things there. ATi is by far the superior choice on Linux when you take the blob out of the equation. Going nVidia here just forces Product Activation onto your Linux install: if they think you're not spending enough money on their cards, kiss your driver updates goodbye!

Comment

Originally posted by Ant P. View Post
                ATi is by far the superior choice on Linux when you take the blob out of the equation.
                Uhuh, right, and how is that openCL, video playback, and over all performance going on those free drivers?

Going nVidia here just forces Product Activation onto your Linux install: if they think you're not spending enough money on their cards, kiss your driver updates goodbye!
                Total bullshit.

Comment

Working...
                X